As an Account Manager, you will grow an established territory and customer base by bringing in business and developing business relationships within your existing accounts and driving new business opportunities. This will require that you call on engineers, maintenance, purchasing and others to determine their needs.
- Achieving sales and profit goals by developing and retaining existing customer and by opening new business
- Regularly make sales calls to prospective customers and current customer establishments
- Utilize a consultative sales approach to sell products and services, offer add-on and up-sell products that may benefit the customer, and suggest alternative products when a customer requested product is not available
- Effectively prospecting, maintaining an opportunity pipeline, and forecasting revenue
- Preparing quotes and proposals, following up, negotiating terms and closing deals
- Cultivate and maintain solid, long-term relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Identifying and helping to develop strategies to grow business
- Assist and resolve customer requests and/or problems in a prompt and professional manner
- Organizing and conducting training sessions for customers as well as introduce and demonstrate new products
- Report competitive conditions, observed customer financial weakness and customer feedback to management
- Work closely with suppliers to secure mutual business through joint sales calls
- Attend sales, product, and other branch/company meetings.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Professional maturity, integrity, discipline and a positive attitude
- Minimum 5 years’ outside sales experience; metalworking/industrial/MRO experience required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet aggressive deadlines, and execute on agreed upon sales metrics
- Automated Procurement Systems experience preferred
- Demonstrated skill with Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to include presenting and negotiating skills
- Valid driver's license and ability to travel often in the assigned territory
Employment opportunity includes:
- Competitive benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, life, STD & LTD insurance options, FSA, 401(k) and Profit Sharing
- Car allowance, cell phone and laptop
Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are subject to background checks and a post-offer drug screen.