The Account Manager is responsible for selling Statewide Traffic Safety & Signs dba Statewide Safety Systems portfolio of products, rentals and services. This position is an active, hands-on role focusing on establishing new accounts, growing existing accounts, and meeting or exceeding sales and margin targets. Responsibilities include developing and maintaining relationships with existing client base, growing accounts within the assigned sales territory and selling the company’s portfolio of products, services, and rentals while meeting or exceeding sales/margin targets. Client base consists of City and County agencies, Department of Transportation, Infrastructure Contractors and Mass Transit related clients. This position requires routine weekly travel within the designated sales territory which includes Redding, Chico, Red Bluff, Yuba City, North of Willows CA, and associated areas.
• Responsible for holding qualified weekly sales appointments with key decision makers on existing accounts
• Conduct qualified weekly cold call appointments resulting in adding new accounts each week; and conduct calls to prospective accounts
• Convey the company’s focus on safety to employees and customers
• Creatively work with team members on sales strategies and network on other people’s successes
• Relentlessly create and drive weekly sales plan
• Stress Statewide Traffic Safety & Signs network of companies delivering quality, on-time service
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; formal sales training preferred
• 2-5 years proven success in outside sales and marketing experience a must
• Must have experience in construction, traffic control or infrastructure industries
• Strong presentation and communication skills, both written and oral
• Strong customer orientation; experience developing strong partnerships by understanding and anticipating customer’s business needs
• Proven track record of growing market share
• Must be results-driven, work independently and have a positive “make it work” attitude
• High energy and self-motivated
• Team focused and support the company direction
• Strong computer skills
• Bilingual a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Statewide Traffic Safety and Signs complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination against employees and applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other protected classifications under applicable law. Statewide Traffic Safety and Signs complies with all federal government contracting laws and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for qualified employees and applicants, such as women, minorities, persons with disabilities and certain groups of veterans. Equal opportunity extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, promotions, and training, working conditions, compensation and benefits. Statewide Traffic Safety and Sign’s policies and practices reflect our commitment to nondiscrimination in all areas of employment, including contracting opportunities for vendors and suppliers.