The Account Manager will generate new and grow existing business through field sales visits and phone & digital contact. Strategically leverage vertical business unit experts and content to tailor customer teaching and understanding of the benefits of using Mazzella Companies crane to floor products and services. Responsible for achieving maximum sales profitability, growth, and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively leading with service, inspection, and training to become industry experts and to sell commoditized rigging products and services at higher margins. Develop relationships to be able to sell to new prospects; maintains current relationships to sell additional products and services by teaching our customers to think differently about opportunities and risks within their business.
Responsibilities Sell products and services within an assigned territory and utilizes a consultative teaching approach through field visits, telephone sales and digital contacts to new and existing customers; recommends product and service enhancements that increase sales and capitalize on margin potential Understand customer base and Company products and services; seeks opportunities to solve customer needs and provide solutions that meet customer requirements in all areas from production to maintenance through an industry expert perspective Prepare, tailor, and present professional proposals that solve challenges and aid in closing business Partner with insides sales department to achieve customer retention goals Utilize the Company’s customer relationship management system to maintain complete call records, gather business intelligence and valid customer/account information which supports increased product sales goals Lead prospecting and sales conversations with Service, Inspection and Training by positioning with industry expert content and solutions and as one of the only true crane to floor providers through our Sell It All approach Partner with Segment Managers and vertical experts to develop, monitor and achieve segment/vertical targets and goals. Identify customer issues and partners with management to address any customer opportunities or threats Plan, organize, and coordinate with management to qualify leads opportunities, projects, or contract management; provide appropriate and timely follow up and information gathering for all provided and self-generated leads Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape; maintain knowledge of current OSHA and ASME Standards Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED is required; an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Marketing, or related discipline; in the absence of a degree, directly-related job experience serving in an industrial sales role, where a number of years and proven knowledge may offset the degree requirement.
Experience & Skills
- At least 5 years of prior industrial sales experience with proven experience meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- Experience in overhead lifting/rigging products is preferred.
- Requires a results-oriented individual (“hunter” mentality) who is detail oriented, self-motivated and disciplined.
- Proven track record of building and maintaining effective customer relationships within different organizations to meet or exceed established goals for product sales.
- Demonstrated strong organizational abilities, prior experience utilizing a Customer Relationship Management system for business information tracking.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing that meets company requirements.
- Must be able to lift or pull a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Requires solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and planning skills are required.
- Excellent math skills and overall PC literacy (Microsoft Office) are required.
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated and disciplined with the ability to multi-task.
- Must successfully complete drug screen, physical and E-Verify.
The Mazzella Way
Mazzella is a family owned company that puts people first. With over 800 employees and 30 locations we are the humble leaders in the industry. We offer market competitive compensation and a wide range of benefits, including paid time off, affordable and comprehensive health insurance, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, and disability insurance.
Why Team Members join Mazzella:
- Team-oriented environment
- A real Work life/ Home life balance
- Growth and Development Opportunities including a Lifelong Learning Career Path
- Humble, Hungry, Smart Culture
- Market Competitive Salaries
- Free Virtual Doctor visits with $0 copay (Teledoc)
- Tuition Reimbursement
Mazzella Core Values:
Lifelong Learner – routinely acquire new skills and capabilities that bring value
Humble – lack excessive ego or concerns about status; emphasize the Team over self
Hungry – always looking for more, self-motivated, and diligent; do more than to just get by, committed
Smart – common sense about people, good judgement, and intuition around their impact on group dynamics