Rawson /Industrial Controls
an ERIKS company
Created by joining two industry-leading companies in 2019, Rawson/Industrial Controls offers more than 100 years of combined experience serving customers in the oil and gas, chemical, refining, pharmaceutical, pulp and paper, food and beverage, water and wastewater, and power generation industries. With a team of in-house engineers, along with instrumentation and valve customization services, Rawson/Industrial Controls designs and customizes product solutions to help customers solve complex problems. The company currently has partnerships in 31 states across the Gulf Coast, Mid-Atlantic, Midwest, Northeast, Southeast, and Southwest regions of the U.S. Visit www.rawsonicd.com for more information.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
Position: Account Manager
Job Location: Midland/Odessa, TX
Operating Business: Rawson, Inc.
Job Type: Full-Time
Summary of the Role
The function of the Account Manager is to successfully develop and strengthen Rawson/ICD relationships with customers, identifying needs and opportunities within and across product lines and provide value to customers while strengthening business results. Works as part of a collaborative team to drive sales by focusing on acquisition, development, retention and management of strategic clients in designated territories.
- Develops strong business relationships with assigned and new customers leading to increased opportunities and sales for the company
- Engages customers in discussions generating value-add solutions.
- Researches and reports marketplace and competitive information for sales strategy planning
- Develops and implements territory sales plan in conjunction with sales management and inside sales partners.
- Develops technical proficiency in one of more product categories
- Partners with Product Specialists and Quote teams to provide sales solutions and quotes, and the Orders team to processes orders
- Interfaces daily with the Customer Service team regarding quotations and order processing information pertaining to their Target Accounts
- Attends weekly reviews and monthly sales meetings with District Sales Manager to review forecasts and territory activities
- Coordinates with Quote Team Leads and Customer Service Order Team Lead to keep account activities updated
- Monitors delivery date commitments and expedites where appropriate
- Provides management with timely reports as requested
- Must maintain 100% commitment to safety policies and procedures
Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of industrial and commercial process control applications, including working knowledge of PLC, Scada, instrumentation, and valve automation. A background in automation sales is favorable.
- Possess account management skills including the ability to work with multiple layers and functions within a customer organization
- Ability to identify customers’ underlying needs and offer bundled, engineered solutions to generate value for the customer.
- Ability to work in a team-selling environment, using available resources and helping teammates where needed.
- Possess excellent customer service skills and the ability to interact with customers, and team-members in a professional manner
- Strong organizational and communication skills, above average mechanical aptitude, and the ability to interaction with a diverse customer base
- Presentation skills with ability to read audience and tailor message to its needs
- Requires a proficiency in math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in units of measure. Additionally, must be able to perform calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to successfully operate tools and machinery
- 7-10 years of proven outside sales experience within valve and valve automation, a must and PLC /control automation fields a plus
- University degree in engineering, business or related area of study preferred; will consider equivalents
- A valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record are required.
- Competitive compensation plan
- Health Benefits: medical, dental, vision, short term and long term disability
- 401-k with company match
- Paid time off
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to employ qualified persons without regard for race, creed, color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, sex, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation or disability. Individuals are considered for employment, promotion, or training solely on their ability to perform the essential functions of the position.