This individual will develop long term partnerships with our customers to build solutions within an assigned territory while promoting all aspects of RDO Equipment Co. in a professional manner.
Specific Duties Include:
• Use Company provided systems/tools (i.e. Sales Advantage) to fully document, track, record, follow-up and capture all related sales activity in a timely and accurate manner. Use of the system should contribute directly to the proposal process, winning the sale, volume, territory awareness, participation, and customer satisfaction.
• Maintain a manageable customer list, while focusing on selling the entire dealership (i.e., parts service, and wholegoods).
• Effectively understand and use manufacturers’ programs and resources to attain acceptable market share levels.
• Develop a keen awareness of the competition and competitive products, as well as business and industry trends.
• Coordinate and/or conduct field demonstrations as well as operate machinery at customer work site.
• Maintain strong knowledge of used equipment values and be able to evaluate properly for trading purposes.
• Work in conjunction with Sales Manager and New Equipment Ordering (NEO) department, responsible for follow-up and expediting of whole good orders.
• Accountable for timely follow up on each sale to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Coordinate and/or communicate with customers and applicable departments to ensure timely delivery.
• Coordinate pickup and delivery of equipment as needed.
• Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
• Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
• Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
• Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
• Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
• Prior sales experience and/or training
• Strong understanding of local market conditions
• Knowledge of resale values of particular machinery
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent computer skills
• Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.