ChampionX has an immediate need for an Account Manager for chemical sales. If you are a passionate sales professional with a proven track record of success in technical sales we invite you to apply. This is your opportunity to join a large growing company offering a competitive base salary, bonus structure and benefits. You will be primarily responsible for working with Sales Representatives on executing service plans in strategic district accounts. You will be required to take a consultative sales approach with a primary emphasis on strong account leadership skills and retention of strategic ChampionX accounts.
What’s in it For You:
- Access to best-in-class resources, tools, technology and continuous education
- Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety to include top-notch safety training and personal protection equipment
- Pride in working for a company that provides clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
- Provided company vehicle, fuel card and cell phone
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment: Medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, and more!
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with current and new customers to understand business needs and recommend continuous improvement and innovation plans that will maintain and grow sales within assigned territory
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in current and new customers, including plant or facility executives. Leverage external network to pursue business opportunities within assigned territory
- Generate and execute sales plans in assigned customer base and new customer accounts to meet defined territory profit increase goals
- Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing at optimal levels
- Actively sell and support ChampionX innovations and technology in assigned customers to promote long-term business relationships with ChampionX
- Begin to develop awareness of account profitability and overall health of account
- Plan and lead customer trainings, events, seminars
- Exhibit technical proficiency in a specified job area according to business group
- Must have prior experience in Sales for Oil and Gas/Chemicals
- 3+ years experience in Sales in Oil and Gas Chemicals
- Ability to travel within assigned sales territory
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- No immigration sponsorship offered for this role (US Only)
- Up to 10% overnight travel required to support sales territory
Salary Requirements: Salary band between 70000 - 90000 for this role. Incentive bonus will be included on this position. Company car will be included in this role.
- May be required to Lift/Push/Pull/Carry up to 55 pounds chest high.
- Role is deemed safety-senstitive and may be subject to employer or customer drug testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial), or Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
- 3+ years of successful technical sales or field sales support experience
- 3+ years of experience directly related to well service stimulation business
- Experience in oil and gas industry
- High computer application literacy (including Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn internal business systems)
- Prior experience that required excellent communication and organizational skills
- Prior experience that demonstrates strong ethics, effective time management, ability to multitask, adaptability, autonomy and self-motivation
- Good negotiation and problem resolution skills
- Working knowledge of Well Construction, Stimulation, Reservoir and Drilling Fundamentals
ChampionX is a global leader in providing chemistry programs and services, drilling technology, artificial lift solutions, and automation technologies for the upstream and midstream oil and gas industry. Our world-class safety culture fuels our purpose to improve lives through our commitment to deliver sustainable operations
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At ChampionX, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every employee can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of employees and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.