Summary of the Job
The Account Manager is responsible for providing proactive and progressive leadership regarding client initiatives, resulting in a significant contribution to the organizational growth and profitability through customer satisfaction, engagement, and loyalty.
- Operate as the lead point of contact for all matters specific to the assigned accounts.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships.
- Monitor open orders thru ERP, ensuring orders are shipped within the designated SLA.
- Provide the customer with any feedback that may prevent orders and/or projects to be completed within the established guidelines
- Address operational challenges that clients face by providing solutions.
- Act as a liaison between Client Services and the internal Operations team, partnering with all departments – Receiving, Production, IT, Order Pick/Pack as well as the Outbound Team.
- Maintain expert knowledge on systems as well as transportation sectors to efficiently manage and address order shipments.
1. Perform other job responsibilities, as necessary and/or assigned
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Ability to move 40+ pounds
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment where the temperature is affected by weather conditions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma
- Minimum three (3) years’ customer service experience
- Must have PC computer skills, with intermediate level expertise in Microsoft Office Word/Excel/Outlook
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication, and problem-solving skills
- Proactive team player with a “can do” mindset; ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and independent projects simultaneously in a timely and efficient manner with minimal supervision
- ERP experience preferred.
- Logistics and or 3PL experience preferred
- Ability to read and understand operating procedures