Manages new business development activities through prospecting, networking, cold calling and servicing existing account base. As a consultative client resource, the Audiovisual Account Manager is responsible for managing the entire sales process including client acquisition, visioning, design concept development, proposing, closing and follow through on project deliverables. It is the AV Sales Representative’s responsibility to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction. This role requires meeting or exceeding annual sales revenue and profit goals.
- Identifies potential customers through referrals, networking, associations, and other prospecting activities.
- Develops sales strategies to fully qualify prospects and develop an effective call or first contact sales plan.
- Lead consultative client meetings that identify opportunities, develop strong solution-based recommendations and position Red Thread’s unique value proposition.
- Follow up consistently, address customer objections, remove obstacles to sales and aggressively close opportunities.
- Prepare comprehensive proposals for the client’s review, including budget development, pricing, profit margins, incentives, and special offers.
- Maintain close relationship with existing clients and identify new products, services and benefits that help to develop and improve strong client partnerships.
- Coordinate with Sales Administrators to process new projects, optimize pricing, identify contingencies and process change orders per Red Thread guidelines.
- Provide clear project scope of work for operations team including any special instructions for delivery, installation, programming, or any other project coordination requirements.
- Complete new customer application and other client onboarding documents as required. Collect deposits on projects as required by Red Thread guidelines.
- Participate in collection delinquent funds when requested by Red Thread Credit and Collections team. Resolve credit holds by communicating the clients’ needs regarding payment and financing with Credit and Collections.
- Improve your knowledge and qualifications by proactively seeking professional and technical skills development opportunities. Attend company, vendor, and industry educational opportunities.
- Be a team player by selflessly supporting your peers and coworkers. Lead by example and always be willing to hold others accountable
- Performs special projects as assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
- Software skills:
- Microsoft Office, quotation software, customer resource management (CRM)
- Ability to:
- Understand challenging technical information
- Apply technology concepts
- Explain technology benefits to non-technical audience
- Self-starter with strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Must be a strong presenter and have outstanding written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, creativity and versatility
- Experience negotiating agreements and exercising sound business judgment.
- Coachable, open-minded and willingness to learn new skills
- Displays consummate professionalism and always maintain high ethical standards
Level of Education/Training/License:
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Avixa CTS, CTS-I or CTS-D Certification is highly desired
- 5+ years of technology, software or service sales experience with measurable success (preferred, not required)