Job Location: Denver - Denver, CO
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Job Category: Sales
Job Title: Account Manager
The purpose of the Account Manager is to manage existing accounts by responding to day-to-day furniture requests and to manage large projects identified as house accounts. The Account Manager will provide solutions and educate existing customer on new product offerings.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Account Manager is responsible for the following results:
- Generating and increasing sales by responding to customer request for specific furniture purchases, making recommendations if new products provide a better solution.
- Educating customers on new products that will provide enhanced solutions to their existing space and service offerings.
- Meeting with existing customers by telephone or in person to cultivate business relationships in support of managing awarded projects.
- Presenting a final sales proposal for customer approval.
- Meeting with sales support to review scope of work, cost required and timelines to complete project to customers satisfaction.
- Review quote for accuracy to ensure the correct contract and discounts are properly applied, labor costs are included, and specifications and finish selections are what the customer selected.
- Developing and maintaining customer and vendor relationships.
- Staying current with new product offerings and technology.
- Submitting weekly and monthly sales reports as required.
- Responding to customer sales and service issues.
- Contributing to a team effort by accomplishing related results or projects as needed.
- Modeling a culture of involvement that includes:
- Relationships: Placing a high priority on developing and maintaining effective interpersonal relationships among each other, our customers, and our community.
- Inspired Thinking: Valuing curiosity, creativity, and talents to solve problems and deliver the highest quality work.
- Collaboration: Believing in and act with positive intent to create an environment of trust and integrity.
- Excellence: Striving for excellence and call upon imagination to see hurdles as opportunities for growth and improvement
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The preferred candidate has noteworthy experience in the following areas:
- Working in a similar position within sales and office furniture industry managing sales accounts
- Professional, technical, and functional expertise of office furniture product and sales processes
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, and Power Point using a laptop
- Possessing business acumen, understands the overall office furniture industry and the companys products and services, especially industry-specific solutions that can adapt to our customers unique needs.
- Identifying what is important to the customer (internal and external) and responding to it.
- Building and sustaining productive working relationships across a diverse spectrum of people.
- Commitment to job requirement to ensure success.
- Demonstrating flexibility and adaptability by being able to change course swiftly and purposefully when the needs of the business change, working irregular and extended hours
- Demonstrate a Can Do attitude that accompanies everything they do to drive results and get the job done on time and to the customers satisfaction.
- Demonstrating integrity and trust by acting ethically and gaining the trust and respect of others
- Must possess a valid drivers license and a good driving record.
EDUCATION, FORMAL TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
The preferred candidate will hold a Bachelors degree (B. A. or B. S.) from an accredited college or university; or minimum of 2 years working in sales within the office furniture industry or equivalent combination of education and experience.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS/MENTAL ABILITIES:
The physical demands and working environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working environment Must be able to travel up to 75% of the time to various client locations throughout Colorado and other States using your personal vehicle or by commercial or charter airplane. Will work mainly indoors in a typical office environment. Exposure to weather when traveling on business.
Physical demands Work is rated as office/clerical (light). At desk working on personal computer, 10 Key or the phone. Visual acuity includes near and far vision, depth perception, color vision and normal field of vision. Mental abilities Ability to work with numbers, research complex issues and resolve problems. Requires more advanced mathematical skills in order to understand spatial requirements and in doing bids. Must be able to read and comprehend complex written material, as well as ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and order data.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Salary + Benefits
Salary range: $40k-$50k/annual
Benefits: group healthcare, paid vacation, paid sick time, paid holidays, 401k/match