Mesa Energy Systems is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world’s leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Mesa Energy Systems is a HVAC mechanical services company that provides fully integrated solutions for preventative maintenance and repair, upgrading existing mechanical, electrical, and controls systems to provide the most efficient economic solutions to meet customer expectations.
Job Title: Account Manager
An Account Manager will be responsible for developing and sustaining relationships that will result in sales and profits with clients or potential clients in each vertical market that EMCOR/Mesa is now penetrating or that Mesa will determine at a future time to penetrate. EMCOR/Mesa account mangers focus their efforts on keeping clients informed about the complete EMCOR Service/Mesa Energy Systems maintenance, and repair, replacement, service and or energy efficiency package with the intent of selling Mesa products and services. Account mangers work with the Sales Manager and Branch Manager as directed to fully realize the sales potential within each existing or developing accounts. Account Managers report to the Sales Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
Persons filling this position will be responsible for prospecting for new accounts, providing clients with product services/information, maintaining existing client relationships, developing sales presentations, and following through with each client and opportunity. This position also has responsibility for maintaining client pricing and payments, A/R management, client correspondence, quality assurance (QA) support, and industry and trade show participation.
Account Manager responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following;
- Agreement and alignment with EMCOR Mesa’s written philosophy of sales, established processes, and procedures related to sales.
- Seek out and research prospective clients and/or projects through various methods including contacting prospective client Chief Engineer, Property Managers, Asset Managers, etc. to introduce yourself and develop future relationships. making phone calls, visits, attending conferences, utilizing the Internet, and leveraging existing relationships.
- Establishment and maintenance of relationships with prospective clients
- Working with the Sales Manager and Branch Manager along with other Team members to constantly review and improve account programs and processes to meet targeted objectives.
- Managing through analysis and solution-based programs to maximize sales growth, volume and profitability of account clients in Kern County.
- Preparing and delivering client presentations.
- Developing, writing and reviewing client proposal documents including financial and technical sections, using EMCOR Service/Mesa Energy Systems standard template and pricing models.
- Developing sales at defined margin levels to attain market share.
- Interacting with fellow Sales Team members in a professional manner
- Interacting in a professional manner with other EMCOR/Mesa departments (ie. Operations, chiller teams, project management, etc.)
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to your growth and development as a Sales Professional, including attendance at product and sales training events, participation at all professional training provided by EMCOR/Mesa, etc.
- Reach your written, annual sales plans.
- Other duties as directed by the Sales Manager
- The account manager will be compensated as detailed in Mesa’s posted sales compensation plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a technical discipline.
- 2-5+ years experience in HVAC commercial service or related field.
- Relevant technical experience, preferably in a Facilities Management or Operations and Maintenance environment
- Strong customer presentation skills and a demonstrated sales aptitude.
- Financial acumen, inclusive of cost modeling for sales proposals.
- Experience in developing technical and cost proposals.
- Independent decision making is required.
- Computer skills using MS Office required. Strong Excel skills are required.
- Competitive nature
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.