Job Description and Responsibilities
Who We Are:
Metal Technologies is a premier metal casting company that uses modern technology and a highly productive workforce to produce the best quality product. Since 1997, we have been a privately held, family-owned company. Metal Technologies produces high quality gray iron, ductile iron, austempered ductile and value-added machining for a variety of industries. Each foundry has unique processes and capabilities that complement specific product families and specifications. As a growing company, Metal Technologies offers a wide range of challenging and exciting career opportunities. If you are looking for a progressive company that promotes and rewards individual achievement, consider applying for a position with us.
Under the direction of and reports to the Director of Sales and is responsible for overall management of assigned accounts and markets, including all commercial and development activities. Regular sales calls to customers across a broad range of departmental functions including purchasing, product engineering and senior management. Responsible for meeting sales and margin targets for assigned accounts and markets.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for quoting and developing new business for assigned accounts/markets.
- Responsible for monitoring margins on existing, new and potential business.
- Monitor margins within product families to help direct company in correct direction.
- Responsible for numerous reporting activities including call reports, forecasting, business tracking spreadsheets, monthly/annual sales report/forecast, and marketing plan (includes preparing goals and objectives, customer and industry analysis, and budgeting).
- Tracking of competitors and product/customer trends in assigned markets
- Interacts with Customer facility personnel to understand plant and competitor issues used to assist in better performing responsibilities.
- Assists MTI facility personnel as needed to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Regular sales calls to customers across broad range of departmental functions including purchasing, product engineering and senior management.
- Develop a working relationship with key areas at the customer and MTI plants.
- Responsible for delivering annual and long-term sales and margin targets for assigned accounts and markets.
- Perform commercial audits of existing business to ensure compliance to negotiated terms and conditions.
- Interacts with program manager to ensure flawless, on-time PPAP and product launch. Including assisting the program manager in the following:
- Attend product launch meetings at the customer and MTI facility as needed.
- Clarify and obtain all necessary information and specifications for smooth part launch and ramp-up.
- Contract review of all new and revised purchase orders.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- Exceptional written, verbal and computer skills (including working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word) required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with a wide range of employees, customers, suppliers and support functions within the company.
- Demonstrates skills in the following areas: critical decision making, participative management, project management and commercial terms.
- Excellent knowledge of foundry and machining process.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- B.S. in Business or Engineering preferred but not required.
- Five years’ experience in foundry operations, machining operations, product engineering, automotive industry or industrial marketing required.