The Account Manager manages sales activities by performing the following essential duties for the Mobility Commercial Vehicle business unit:
- Works with the Sales Manager to set the specific target goals for their areas to achieve, including working with individual territory business development reps to develop plans and specific sales strategies.
- Coordinates sales effort by liaising with the Sales Manager to establish sales territories and goals.
- Travels throughout assigned district to solicit orders and develop effective customer relationships, with an emphasis on improving selling skills and identifying customer and product targets.
- Analyzes sales statistics to establish priorities, manage performance, and assist sales teams in promoting sales.
- Works with the Sales Manager to review marketing and competitive analysis to determine customer needs, volume potential, price schedules, and to develop sales campaigns to accommodate goals of the Company.
- Reports major account development, performance status, and problems/concerns to the Sales Manager and sales leadership utilizing electronic sales management tools and direct contact as appropriate.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Work with Sales Manager and sales leadership to coordinate interdepartmental synergies.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of district and individual territories to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Assists other departments within the organization to prepare manuals and technical publications
- Prepares periodic sales presentations showing sales volume and potential sales.
- Provides input to the Sales Manager to recommend expenditures and appropriations for research and development work.
- Manages product compliance standards.
- Ability to travel 30% - 40%.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and one to five years of experience in technical application or direct field sales within the coatings industry; a combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Demonstrates effective written, oral communication, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop sales plans and opportunities and to lead, coach and motivate individuals to sell
- Demonstrates strong sales and negotiation skills with key contacts and distributor partners in order to effectively present business proposals in a multi-level sales environment.
- Possesses self-discipline/self-management and maintains effective performance in unstructured and autonomous conditions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Windows
Axalta Coating Systems Ltd. ("Axalta," or the "Company"), is a leading global manufacturer, marketer and distributor of high-performance coatings systems. With over a 150-year heritage in the coatings industry, Axalta is known for manufacturing high-quality products with well-recognized brands supported by market-leading technology and customer service.
Over the course of the Company's history, Axalta has remained at the forefront of the industry by continually developing innovative coatings technologies designed to enhance the performance and appearance of customers' products, while improving the customer's productivity and profitability. Axalta's diverse global footprint of 50 manufacturing facilities, four technology centers, 47 customer training centers and more than 14,000 team members allows the Company to meet the needs of customers in over 130 countries. Axalta serves its customer base through an extensive sales force and technical support organization, as well as through approximately 4,000 independent, locally-based distributors. The Company's scale and strong local presence are critical to its success, allowing leverage of the technology portfolio and customer relationships globally while meeting customer demands locally.
Axalta operates its business in two operating segments: Performance Coatings and Transportation Coatings, serving four end markets, including: Refinish, Industrial, Light Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle, across the following four regions: North America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
For more information visit axaltacoatingsystems.com and follow us @axalta on Twitter and on LinkedIn.