Meridian Bioscience is a fully integrated life science company that develops, manufactures, markets and distributes a broad range of innovative diagnostic products. We are dedicated to developing and delivering better solutions that give answers with speed, accuracy and simplicity that are redefining the possibilities of life from discovery to diagnosis. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals that help drive our vision. Our innovative culture will allow interested candidates to discover and create, through collaboration, cutting edge solutions to tough problems.
Account Executive is a sales professional responsible for leveraging their knowledge of company products and services to sell into new accounts and/or expand existing accounts. Manages customer inquiries and resolves issues. Meets or exceeds sales growth goals as determined by sales management.
Sales Growth Achievement
- Organize, manage and work respective territory to maximize sales revenue and profitability:
- Maintain current business in existing accounts, identify and close new business opportunities within these accounts.
- Identify and close new business opportunities within specified territory.
- Understand and incorporate the Group Purchasing, IDN, National Clinical Reference Lab and Local Health Delivery Network strategy into the daily territory sale strategy and revenue growth plan.
- Achieve sales plan in all Focus Product categories.
- Meet weekly sales call targets to maximize sales productivity and business opportunity.
- Use sales skills to determine priorities, develop territory growth plan, build account strategies and tactics to achieve territory revenue growth targets.
- Use the client relationship manager (CRM) system monthly forecast tool to measure, track and plan new business opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to improve the customer experience, create mutually beneficial solutions and drive sales growth.
- Educate medical staff on the benefits of products. Provide product demonstrations and support.
- Maintain a working relationship with Distribution partners within territory.
- Accurately update the CRM system daily with business account related activities, next steps, account profile information, opportunities, and key decision makers to assist with strategy planning implementation. This information is considered the intellectual property of Meridian Bioscience.
- Maintain company car in mechanically sound, clean and safe condition.
- Keep supply of sales samples and literature in a neat, clean condition. Take inventories and order replacement materials when needed.
- Maintain individual copy of the product manual in a current state. This product manual is considered the intellectual property of Meridian Bioscience.
- Responsible for keeping company equipment in the same condition as it was in upon receipt. Contact the help desk immediately if you experience any technical difficulties.
- Complete and submit weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to Sales Management.
- Manage customer inquiries and resolve issues. Escalate to sales management when appropriate.
- Plan territory coverage to allow submission of itinerary to sales management within specified time frame.
- Cover entire territory, which may include overnight stays.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Healthcare, or Science required
- At least two years sales experience within a complex selling environment (laboratory diagnostics preferred)
- Demonstrated consistent sales growth over time
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Outgoing, professional, consultative, persuasive, relationship building selling skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Confident and persistent
- Patient and self-motivated
- Computer proficiency (Word, Excel) along with CRM
- Self-starter, detail oriented, organized and able to prioritize and balance workloads and meet strict critical deadlines along with performing under pressure in a fast-paced sales environment
- Readily adapts to changing priorities, effectively manages time, sets priorities for successful achievement of sales plan
Requirements (Physical, Mental, Environmental Demands):
- Must be able to concentrate, analyze and solve complex issues daily
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours to achieve sales goals
- Must maintain regular attendance and punctuality requirements.
- Loading/unloading vehicles with literature, manuals, and demo kits.
- Set-up and tear-down of exhibit booths.
- Must be able to travel by air/car 25-50% of time.
- Ability to work on a PC including repetitive use of a keyboard and mouse daily
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time, reach, bend, stoop and lift daily
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.