- Develops and implements integrated sales strategies in conjunction with other business units on shared opportunities
- Proactively prospects for new sales opportunities. Develops and implements strategic sales plans to proactively identify and sell new opportunities. Drives whitespace identification and opportunity creation.
- Maintains relationships with existing customers through face to face interaction
- Designs and recommends sales and marketing programs and sets short and long-term sales strategies for targeted prospects
- Analyzes and controls expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements
- Management of Salesforce, including opportunities, close dates, pipeline, activities, other data as required
- Coordinate with other departments (Services and CXS) as required
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Skills needed to be successful
- Ability to manage clients and internal clients at all levels
- Knowledge of products, software pricing practices, selling skills, personal computers and various software application skills
- Proven track record of success in sales over a sustained period in a healthcare environment
- Excellent time management, communication skills, decision making, human relations, presentation, and organization skills
- Professionalism demonstrated through appearance and presentation
- Excellent understanding of the end user business and issues or the ability to apply unrelated knowledge to the Healthcare Industry
- Strong ability to network within the industry
- Ability to operate in a very fast paced environment with multiple high-level priorities
- Strong planning skills to determine and meet departmental objectives
- PowerPoint presentation skills
Required Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in business or sales or equivalent experience or equivalent years in the industry
- 2+ years’ experience as a successful Sales Executive, including at least two years at or above sales quota selling into Healthcare IT industry
- 2+ years with Salesforce or other CRM’s
Preferred Experience & Education
- Master’s Degree
- 3+ years’ experience successfully selling into Healthcare IT industry
- Experience in a software or services product sales environment
- Sunquest product and company knowledge
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of work. From health and wellness benefits, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, and tuition assistance, we've got you covered with our total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
The starting pay range for a candidate selected for this position who is based in Colorado is generally within the range of $60,000 to $91,400 for annual base salary. The successful candidate’s actual pay will be based on various factors, such as work location, qualifications, and experience, so the actual starting pay may be above or below this range.
Perks of working for Sunquest
From our business casual dress policy, generous PTO plan and flexible work schedules, to our mission driven organization that supports those who support healthcare organizations, Sunquest promotes work-life balance for all of our employees. We place emphasis on training and development, encourage promotion from within and encourage cross-functional team participation. These ideals together foster a culture of professional growth and development for our employee.
- Work is performed in a normal office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards. Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Up to 40% travel may be required
- Moderate lifting/carrying 15-44 lbs.; use of fingers; walking/standing 2-6 hours
- Exposure to hazardous materials or various weather conditions
- Travel to client sites that can pose risk associated with healthcare organization
- May be required to follow customer location health and safety requirements
Sunquest’ Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Sunquest Information systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
This job description is meant to provide an accurate depiction of tasks and accountabilities that are most often associated with this role. While we strive to provide an accurate depiction, nothing in this description restricts the company from changing, reassigning, expanding or reducing scope of accountabilities and is subject to change at any time.