Here’s your chance to join a top-rated CBS affiliate in a top 25 market. CBS4 WTTV-TV, the Nexstar-owned CBS affiliate in Indianapolis, Indiana, has an opening for a Sales Account Executive. Be a part of a team of seasoned advertising professionals who use the strength of CBS to generates revenue on-air and online. Combined with a high performing Nielsen-rated digital subchannel station, ETTV.2 and an extensive offering of digital products, it’s an Account Executive’s dream come true!
CBS4 is the exclusive broadcast partner of the Indianapolis Colts which is just one part of an amazing line-up of high-profile sporting events and premium programming. March Madness, AFC Football, Indiana Basketball, Purdue Basketball, SEC Football and PGA Golf help make this station overachieve sales goals.
Indianapolis has a low cost of living, beautiful urban and suburban charm. Home of the Indianapolis Colts, Indiana Pacers and The Indianapolis 500. Indianapolis is the capital of Indiana and rich with education by Indiana University, Purdue University and Butler University.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for prospecting and developing new business on all platforms for WTTV-TV and ETTV-TV Indianapolis.
- Call on established agencies and existing clients to create partnerships through a consultative selling approach that builds trust through results and superior customer service.
- Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals for all platforms.
- Ideal candidate will possess a passion for selling sports, programs, and for leading local newscasts in Indy.
- Prepares and delivers compelling sales presentations to clients using a consultative sales approach and collateral research support.
- Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
- Candidate should be familiar with Nielsen, Comscore, Marketron, Wide Orbit and Matrix.
- Works with clients and production personnel to develop commercials via our creative resources.
- Collaborates with our sister Nexstar station FOX59 WXIN-TV, to leverage the power of our market share to grow our revenue.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Minimum two years’ experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Experience achieving long-range objectives, possess self-motivation skills, ability to implement the strategies and actions to achieve success.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), copiers, scanners, and other office equipment.