Responsible to build, manage and execute the sales plan in collaboration with the Senior Account Executive and Regional VP of Sales for an assigned sales area. Focused on growing market share by targeting specific customers where Air Methods has resources available, securing agreements, (Preferred Provider Agreements) and growing existing relationships and business to meet specified KPIs and annual goals. Focused on increasing call volume from existing customers and all contracts.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
- Grow business by selling Air Methods air medical services to targeted customers in the sales area. Achieve annual Air Methods’ KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators).
- Cultivate opportunities to sell Air Methods’ value-added services to customers within area
- Works closely with Sr. Account Executive & RVP of Sales, providing timely updates regarding business opportunities, including competitive market intelligence.
- Collaborate with Area Manager to ensure the area has a specific business development strategy to grow existing accounts to meet KPI expectations
- Accountable for detailed knowledge of market dynamics, such as, competitor activity, hospital service line changes, opening or closing of hospitals, competitor sales strategies, billing rates and aircraft type etc.
- Coordinate with the Area Manager for customer service recovery
- Monitor daily patient transport activity and understand volume trends
- Manages all ordering and distributing marketing items for business segment
- Attend conferences and regulatory meetings along with local government affairs involvement
- Communicate closely with other Air Method disciplines, to coordinate daily activities and Outreach Education programs that support the business plan in a fiscally responsible manner
- Ensure internal customers understand the business development strategy, have marketing resources and talking points of important sales initiatives
- Other Duties as assigned.
Additional Job Requirements
- Must live within the region.
- Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling: 80%
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university three to five years related experience and/or training within aviation or medical and medical transportation services; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years sales experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of health care and air medical industries.
- Experience in medical transportation services or health care business development/sales preferred
- Demonstrates high emotional intelligence
- Self-starter with competitive spirit
- Dependable, self-motivated, competitive spirit and ability to work independently
- Demonstrates high critical thinking and reasoning skills and strong attention to detail while working in a fast paced environment that requires ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Traditional sales skills including meeting sales goals, closing skills, territory management, prospecting, negotiation, product knowledge, presentation skills, and client relationships
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and mapping software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.