Job Location: Boston, MA - ProteinSimple - Boston, MA
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Sales
By joining Bio-Techne, you’ll join a company with a powerful and positive purpose of enabling cutting-edge research in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers to further treat and prevent disease worldwide.
Bio-Techne is looking for a Account Executive that will cover key accounts in MA. The focus of the product lines are Proteins, Antibodies, Elisa kits and other C> solutions from our brands such as R&D Systems, Novus, and Tocris. The responsibility of this position is to achieve sales targets through the application of consultative value selling to various size pharma, government and academia accounts. The candidate will achieve this through performing customer sales calls, virtual or in person, in the assigned territory, evaluate key accounts vs. product line performance, and other daily activities. It will be vital to be familiar with standard scientific methods, reagents, techniques, and equipment relevant to Bio-Techne’s product line.
- Achieve sales targets through application of consultative selling methods
- Maintain and develop incremental business in existing and new accounts
- Field sales located in the assigned territory and visiting customers 75% of the time
- Familiar with standard scientific methods, techniques, reagents & equipment relevant to Bio-Techne’s product line
- Plan and execute account management to accomplish goals and follow company vision
- Provide technical support, seminars, and demonstrations to new and existing customers
- Ensure that customers understand the value proposition, features & benefits, competitive advantages, and applications of all relevant products
Education and Experience:
Position requires a bachelor’s degree in biological/medical sciences with a minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience in life sciences sales required. Can be less sales experience if combined with laboratory/research or technical sales support experience. Thorough understanding of scientific principles behind the use of Bio-Techne products required. Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SalesForce, as well as computer entry and/or typing skills are highly desired. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and have good communication skills, both verbally and in writing. Valid driver’s license required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of reagents, laboratory techniques, methods and equipment used in research, development, and production of pharmaceutical drugs and biologics
- Understanding of the organizational structure of pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and government segments and how penetrate those departments
- Skilled at identifying and appropriately evaluate customer needs and recommend appropriate products and solutions
- Ability to act independently and in teams on routine assignments or projects
- Ability to plan, organize and multi-task to complete assignments in an efficient manner
- Being able to relate to the customers needs by virtue of previous lab experience is very helpful
- Understands the business history, buying process, research customers work and prospects using internet and social media
- Previous consultative selling training a plus but we will train in a new and highly successful program
- Is passionate about their work, exudes a positive attitude that makes customers want to interact with them, and always is looking for solutions that consider the customer and the company to create win-win outcomes
- Acts in a manner consistent with the Company vision; behaves in a professional and ethical manner in all cases, and is a strong partner and team member seeking opportunities to contribute to overall team and Bio-Techne’s success
- Is intrinsically motivated and competitive, and seeks creative ways to grow the business
- Values the importance of teamwork, helping others and wanting to be a good partner to others on the team as well as to actively support our customers with the best attitude that demonstrates the highest of character in our profession
Why Join Bio-Techne:
- We offer competitive salaries along with extensive medical, vision, and dental plans for you and your family starting on day one!
- We invest in our employees’ financial futures through 401k matching and an employee stock purchase plan.
- We help our employees develop their careers through mentorship, promotional opportunities, training and development, internship programs, and more.
- We offer employee resource groups, volunteer paid time off, employee events, and charity drives to build a culture of caring and belonging.
- We foster a culture of empowerment and innovation, where employees feel valued and encouraged to bring their new ideas to the table. Where permitted by applicable law, candidate must have received or be willing to receive an FDA authorized COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for this position.
Bio-Techne is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.