PLANTS. POWERING. PEOPLE.
For more than a century, Bolthouse Farms has been known as the innovation leader in growing and distributing carrots and high-quality, innovative branded products. Employing more than 2,200 people and headquartered in Bakersfield in California’s fertile San Joaquin Valley, Bolthouse Farms is one of the largest carrot growers and distributors in the U.S. Guided by its purpose – Plants Powering People™ – the company recently introduced its new Bolthouse Farms Wunderoots™ line of fresh carrot innovations including carrot dogs, and also produces and sells super-premium juices, smoothies, café beverages, protein shakes, functional beverages and premium refrigerated dressings, all under the Bolthouse Farms® brand name. Visit Bolthouse Farms or follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
The Sales and Customer Management Representative at Bolthouse Farms will work closely with assigned customers, third-party carriers, distribution centers, and various internal departments to achieve the highest level of customer service while enhancing mutual growth and profitability. This includes but is not limited to executing accurate and timely customer fulfillment thorough accuracy of order entry, order shipment, order completeness, invoice accuracy, and resolving disputes involving deductions. This person will be part of a team that works as a liaison with all Bolthouse Farms warehouses and distribution centers insuring stock is available to meet fill rate goals as well as to insure on time shipping and performance in a proficient manner.
The nature of this position is to deliver a highly focused customer centric service commitment based on timely and accurate communication and data interchange between the customer, field sales, logistics, operations, and finance. The Sales and Customer Management Representative will work cooperatively with outside sales and other members of the distribution team to grow existing customers, create new customers while increasing customer service while performing the following duties:
- Ensures that products consistently meet customer needs. Ensures orders are accurately and timely communicated in systems w/ appropriate transportation details, availability is assessed, prioritized and optimized, and customer expectations managed. Works directly with team manager and operational peers to resolve or escalate issues
- Provides a intermediate level of customer support, managing and processing orders; handles all routine and some complex problems; coordinates and collaborates with sales leaders and team manager; keeps leadership informed and ensures issues resolved timely and effectively communicated
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and complete customer contracts exist in both internal and customer systems
- Ensures invoice amounts for processed orders accurately reflect contractual and promotion agreements; maintains awareness of customer pricing programs and resolves short paid invoices timely
- Builds customer loyalty and confidence – takes a proactive approach to meeting customer needs and effectively managing orders; establishes a partner relationship to support key customers; does what is feasible and sensible to maintain good will, keeping team manager informed and gaining approval for matters of material amounts
- Develops and maintains favorable relationships with assigned customers in order to service customer needs, sustain existing product sales, and generate incremental revenue
- Interacts with customers, by phone or e-mail, to increase sales on incoming orders utilizing opportunistic products; some key account activities may include monitoring buying patterns, scorecards, and analyzing data to drive sales growth; makes calls to existing customers to promote certain products as directed by team leaders / management
- Occasionally visits accounts at customer site or trade shows as necessary to manage account relationships and grow business
- Effectively solves routine and some complex problems – able to utilize specialized knowledge and analytical skills to gather, analyze, and review information; determines appropriate resolution, including presenting results and recommendations to sales leaders and management
- Assists sales and team leader in the preparation of sales forecasts, quotes and/or contract negotiations, as requested, for assigned customers
- Provides input and analysis to SCM Director, Sales, and Senior management to support company efforts to sustain, renew and expand customer contracts;
- Proactively prepares reports and analysis on sales activities for customers and supports additional ad-hoc requests by team manager / SCM director, or National Sales Director; works with team manager to identify issues, trends, risks, and opportunities, formulate solutions and develop recommendations
Product Management –
- Demonstrates an adequate knowledge of standard products offered to all customers and an in-depth knowledge of products sold to key accounts
- Ensure system contains accurate customer product specifications; compares specifications against established guidelines and identifies concerns and / or areas of opportunity; directly or indirectly involved in collaborative issue resolution with customer and sales
- In managing and processing assigned customer orders, researches and makes recommendations for additional product sales, substitutions, or modifications to support company efforts to manage inventories and increase company sales
Systems and Technical Skills –
- Solid knowledge and experience with 1) ERP software tools used to enter and manage orders, and monitor customer accounts and 2) software tools used to manage and evaluate inventory; demonstrating moderate to solid knowledge of BI software to analyze data and report on activity
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite to include Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to handle a high-stress, multi-task environment
- Possess strong problem solving skills
- Must exhibit strong degree of professionalism
- Proficient use of English language when speaking, reading and writing
- Accurate typing and data entry skills
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 2 years customer service and/or sales experience
- Valid California Driver License
- During the course of the COVID-19 pandemic, we recognize that certain “non-essential worker” personnel may at times store consumer-facing materials (including, but not limited to, EADs, coupons, promotional materials, etc.) offsite from Company locations, such as at associates’ homes or in vehicles. All such consumer-facing materials must be maintained in a smoke-free and secure workplace environment.
HOURS & WORKDAYS:
Note: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
1st shift (7am-4pm)