EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), is an EMCOR core business. From commercial office space to manufacturing, from retail portfolios to 24/7/365 mission critical facilities, we manage and support over one billion square feet of facilities space for the nation's leading organizations. EMCOR’s Customer Solutions Center is the central nervous system of issue resolution for those organizations.
Job Title: Account Director
Job Summary: EMCOR Facilities Services has an opportunity for an Account Director. The Account Director is accountable for the overall financial performance (P&L) and senior level customer relationship of assigned accounts. This includes, but is not limited to, achieving/exceeding revenue and margin targets, maintaining and improving client satisfaction, retention and account expansion. This position will help develop and execute strategic direction and be accountable for implementation. Account Directors provide indirect leadership and work in partnership with internal stakeholders (Operations, Procurement, and Finance) to ensure all services are completed in accordance with contractual requirements and all customer and service provider issues are addressed in a timely manner. Must be able to travel 50% or more of the time and have strong financial acumen and analytical abilities. The Account Director can be located remotely in the any of the following locations Phoenix/Tempe AZ, Cincinnati, OH , Philadelphia, PA. Minneapolis, MN, Boise, ID, or San Diego, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Business and Operations Planning. The Account Director will be responsible for ensuring alignment with client overall objectives and performance metrics.
- Use a collaborative process to review each Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) to document and trend performance, results and identify areas of improvement; create and oversee the implementation of associated action plans.
- This position will lead company’s specific management strategy for each assigned account by developing a three (3) year time line which includes operating and suggesting capital improvement
Scope Decisions. Identify best practices and KPIs that will be used to manage and evaluate account performance.
- Identify critical services that will be required and potential consequences should these services not be carried out in accordance with the Business Plan. The Business Plan shall also include a contingency plan for each of the critical services in the event they cannot be achieved.
Service Level Agreements. Measuring performance is critical in our ability to continuously improve services. The Account Director will drive the service levels across the portfolio, working closely with the client team to develop specific performance metrics that are based on business strategy and operational requirements. Ensure service meets or exceeds customer contractual requirements.
Monthly Reporting. The Account Director will structure, prepare and analyze monthly reports to ensure strategic alignment and optimal delivery of service.
Account Management. Will regularly meet with clients to discuss performance results, operations reviews, work management process reviews, benchmarking reviews, etc.; monthly and quarterly meetings will be used to evaluate performance results and address issues and overall business objectives.
- The Account Director will communicate with appropriate client point of contacts (POCs) as required based on situation.
- Review work requests that approach the monetary spending limit and escalate requests (with estimate) that exceed the limit to the client.
- Create & execute appropriate plans and programs to meet and/or exceed the client objectives within the account(s).
- Set the strategic direction and implementation of business initiatives at the local/National market level.
- Establishing goals and performance criteria and measurement processes to proactively manage the business.
- Responsible for cost effectiveness, consistency, quality, accuracy and compliance to business standards.
- Represent the organization including managing the business relationships as well as forging of strategic alliances in assigned area.
- Strategic planning of current and future client contracts including assessing alternatives and understanding future customer requirements to ensure adequate future growth and development in assigned area.
- Pursue account growth opportunities; expand scope of work or service lines to improve account profitability.
- Ensure effective customer satisfaction, service and relations by implementing processes and technology to deliver quality products and services
- Create a consistent operational image, implementing account wide initiatives and producing a quality product in accordance with Company standards.
- Drive continuous improvement and innovation throughout account(s).
- Lead customer retention/contract extension efforts.
- Conduct routine visits with EMCOR Operating Companies and 3rd Party Suppliers to strengthen internal relations and enhance service execution in support of our clients.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; MBA preferred
- Minimum of six (6) years Facilities Management / Operations experience.
- Experience in building repair and maintenance or the trades (HVAC, Electrical, and/or Plumbing) is required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Experience with HVAC operations and maintenance for Commercial Space is required. Industry certification preferred.
- Must have multi-site/account experience, ability to identify best practices within industry and a proven ability to apply across multi-site/account scope.
- Facility Management, IFM experience preferred.
- Must be willing to travel 50%
EMCOR Facilities Services requires all employees who will be required to work onsite, whether regularly or sporadically to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. EMCOR Facilities Services is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer-Veterans/Disabled.