The Account Director (AD) occupies a vital role in the Client Services (CS), department reporting to the Vice President of CS. As the lead for an account, the AD oversees strategy and management for a team executing upon the customer’s projects, ensuring customer satisfaction at the highest level. To be successful in this position, an AD will have a blend of business savvy, people/project management, and workflow knowledge (e.g., fulfillment, mastering & localization).
- Build and foster relationships between your team and Deluxe’s customers to understand and champion their business objectives.
- Collaborate with Deluxe’s Sales & Leadership Teams to retain and grow account business.
- Lead, mentor and empower a team of global Managers and Coordinators. Enabling them to organize, execute and cross-functionally collaborate effectively in delivering customer projects/orders.
- Direct Sr. Account Managers that own and optimize day-to-day project health and Client Services team performance (Account Managers and Coordinators) working to meet customer objectives.
- Responsible for CS resource planning, hiring, and performance management across project teams.
- Oversee account revenue forecasting and volume demand planning.
- Manage the on-time billing of projects by the CS account team under management.
- Work with leaders across a network of worldwide internal production teams; establishing and constantly improving SOPs to optimize CS/cross-functional team performance.
- Develop CS training procedures to achieve optimal customer satisfaction regarding project communication and outcomes.
- Maintain knowledge of Deluxe’s proprietary systems and workflows to drive product / SOP development.
- Collaborate with peer Leadership & Account Directors on the CS team to drive change management.
- Support and ensure team member alignment on corporate and account objectives/goals.
- Define objectives and KPIs to measure account, workflow, and personnel performance. Establishing new operating procedures to optimize project health.
- Prepare Executive summaries and presentations on an ad hoc basis.
What You Bring
- BA degree in Business Administration or related field.
- 8+ years of experience in a management position.
- Proven ability to effectively build, organize, lead, and mentor a team of individuals.
- Proven ability to design processes from the ground up to support evolving business needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to manage workflows in multiple locations across multiple time zones.
- Highly organized and able to work independently within their own process.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form.
- Positive, service-oriented personality.
- Proven ability to strategize to identify and solve for areas for improvement.
- Must be able to effectively document all processes, designs, and data flows.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple priorities is a must.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Ability to listen and engage with different cultures and perspectives.
- Ability to learn and process information quickly is a plus.
- Flexibility to work extended hours as required.
- Agility and ability to quickly pivot between changing priorities.
- Ability to travel as needed by the business.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world’s most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.