Access Your Future is a sponsorship program for students interested in a career in the equipment industry as a Service Technician. This program provides a career path, educational support and financial incentives to assist you as you attend a college program and begin your career.
Access Your Future Service Program Incentives:
- Paid internship employment at a sponsoring store while attending college. (Summers, during school breaks, and after class depending on your sponsoring store)
- Company paid tools based on your educational requirements.
- Graduation sign on bonus upon completion of your education and transition to full time work at RDO Equipment Co.
- 4 years of post-graduation financial incentives as you start your Service Technician career with RDO Equipment Co.
Access Your Future Service Program Requirements:
- Must enroll or be attending an approved Heavy Equipment Service, Diesel Technology or other technical service program approved by RDO Equipment Co.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) while in program.
- Maintain acceptable attendance record while in program.
- Provide a copy of transcripts and diploma to RDO Equipment Co. in order to receive the financial incentive and sign on bonus upon full time employment.
- Adhere to academic policies, rules and regulations set forth by the higher learning center the student is attending.
- Accept full time employment within a RDO Equipment Co. following graduation. Location to be determine based on availability.
Specific Duties Include:
- Partner with mentor to diagnose, inspect, recondition, repair, assemble, and service equipment as assigned by the supervisor.
- Document machine information and repairs completed on work order, including parts and fluids used.
- Maintain a clean work area, as well as care for all shop tools, machines, and equipment.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Mechanical skills
- Trade specific tooling, including hand and pneumatic tools
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to perform maintenance functions on equipment
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.