Primary Site Engineer
At Vertiv, we design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments.
A Primary Site Engineer will act as the Single Point of Contact on behalf of Vertiv Services for all customer requirements. Manage assigned account with Key Deliverables addressed within the Account Implementation Plan. Functions as Customer advocate and interface between all Vertiv departments.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all activities for a select customer account. Including but not limited to factory testing, start-up, site acceptance testing, sales interaction, contract management, and service delivery
- Provide first level of tech support to speed up problem resolution.
- Develop and maintain Account Plans to achieve both long and short-term objectives within assigned accounts.
- Lead, direct, and coordinates the work of Technicians, Service Partners, and external Partners as needed.
- Represent Vertiv at all post-sale, customer and contractor meetings for projects.
- Coordinate all site activity including, start-up, preventive maintenance, proactive service, and emergency service for assigned customer.
- Review site testing requirements and service items provided on the sales order
- Review customer or third-party test procedures, match to what was sold with the order
- Assist District Manager in man-power requirements
- Facilitate gathering all documentation for project
- Verify tagging of equipment and opening start-up & site testing tickets
- Assist contractors as required.
- Coordinate subcontracted services.
- Verify all tools and resources are onsite and/or coordinated for all site activity.
- Proper test equipment and heavy equipment (such as load banks), ensure all is on site at the times required
- Work directly with suppliers on problem resolution (such as switchgear and breaker vendors).
- Monitor all activity for timely completion, work with Sales Associate and District Manager on providing quotes for additional services not paid for, or excess labor requirements resulting from delays beyond Service control.
- Resident assignment at the account location to grow customer relationship and monitor service performance if required by the customer.
- Partner with LS Sales to assist in warranty and renewal capture as well as time and material opportunities.
- Identify potential equipment sales leads and coordinate with applicable sales office to provide site application assistance as necessary.
- Develop and grow relationships with key departments and/or partners essential to the support of your account.
- Own the resolution for all emergency service calls for assigned accounts.
- Manage account KPI’s to ensure both customer and department performance metrics are met.
- Responsible for conducting performance reporting including Quarterly Business Reviews for assigned account(s).
- Other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Required experience (one or more of the following)
- ASEET – preferred
- Six years military experience in a related field
- Equivalent industry experience
- Job progression requirements
- Minimum 5 years as a CE IV or Project Management experience
- Product certifications and field knowledge assessment up to date in accordance with job level (refer to job progression chart)
- Meet all aspect of your current job description
- Interpersonal Skills
- Team Player
- Mastery of electrical / electronic test equipment and theory
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical one-line diagrams and blueprints
- In all aspects of the job, need to lead by example, and held to a higher standard of conduct
- Product certifications up to date
- Meet all aspects of the job description
- Performance evaluation rating of meets all aspects of job requirement or better
- Consistent performance and customer relation skills
- Technical skills
- Ability to make an immediate site evaluation, skills to include: environmental temperature, and general operating conditions without supervision
- Ability to summarize and report all work related tasks performed
- Ability to give technical assistance via the telephone to customers on a regular basis
- Provide phone or on-site technical support to junior level associates
- Independently evaluate, recognize and recommend acceptable customer solutions based upon site evaluation
- Recommend and direct activities at a customer site by leading technical activities of other technicians
- Provide on-site customer consultation, must be able to present themselves as an expert in the field
- Capable of providing project leadership and on-site direction for assigned projects
- Provide expert site evaluation for Liebert Power Products and related systems
- Assist Liebert Engineering and National Tech Support with site evaluations, site visits, and recommendations/solutions as required
- Expert in site acceptance testing procedures and equipment
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels within the customer
- Strong verbal communication
- Excellent written skills
- Able to manage stressful situations
- Troubleshooting skills
- Safety procedures
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent time management ability, capable of working without direct supervision
- Computer skills
- Advanced word processing, report generation
- Spreadsheet processing
- Electronic mail
- Test equipment and data analysis programs
- Familiarity with computer networks
- Mechanical aptitude
- Minimum of 90% domestic travel is required
- International travel as directed by Power Technical Support or Field Operations
- Hour/Day on-call availability through a national paging system
- Flexible schedules (weekends, evenings, and holidays)
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid U.S. passport required
- Deployable in the event of emergencies
While performing duties of the above jobs, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or other components; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell. The associate frequently is required to sit and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must have ability to regularly lift at least 50 pounds.
The successful candidate will reflect and embrace Vertiv’s Values and Behaviors:
• Acting Like an Owner
• Assuming Positive intent in all employee interactions
• Being passionate about your work
• Challenging yourself in personal development
• Being tireless in exceeding customer expectations
• Assisting others to be successful as a team
• Owning our own mistakes quickly
• Talking with people and NOT about them
• Creating a culture where people can be their best
• Be self-aware and learn
• Embrace the customer experience
• Think and act broadly
• Drive change and innovation
• Leverage diversity for organization effectiveness
• Foster collaborative relationships
• Take intelligent risks
At Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup. We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $5.0 billion in revenue, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [email protected]
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
The anticipated salary range for this role in the Colorado locality is between $65k to $90k per year. Salary ranges for other geographic localities may vary. The role is eligible to participate in a comprehensive and competitive benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, disability, PTO, and 401k.