Job Location: BMSC - Coppell, TX
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: High School
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Job Category: Manufacturing
$500.00 Sign-on- Bonus!!
Join our Team!
Our number one commitment is to our employee’s happiness, safety, and security. At our facility, our employees have the opportunity to work in a unique and fun environment, where they can grow their skills and gain valuable experience. We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package, including health insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401K with 4% match & life insurance. Our Team Members make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day.
We will build a reputation for reliability, integrity and honor.
Second Shift 3:30PM-12:30AM + $2.00 Differential
We supply masks, gloves, and hand sanitizing stations. We also conduct in-house COVID testing.
- Uniforms and boots provided by BMSC if required
The Machine Operator II is responsible for performing various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, and perform preventive maintenance on filling and packaging equipment according with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). Machine Operator II is also responsible for adjustments or tool changes as necessary to maintain quality specifications and ensure that production will be carried on smoothly to maximize efficiency and profits.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to, Lock Out/Tag Out (LOTO) (ensuring machinery is off before performing maintenance or repair), hot work, confined spaces work, use of powered industrial machines, etc.
- Sets up equipment according to product specifications.
- Controls and adjusts machine settings when necessary.
- Assists Line Leads for repair, part replacement, adjustments, and preventive maintenance of filling and packaging equipment in accordance with GMP and safety regulations.
- Leads and coaches Machine Operator I.
- Adheres to GMP and safety regulations to prevent product contamination and injuries to self and others.
- Communicates with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production at high quality levels with minimal wasted time and materials.
- Finds ways to achieve rapid changeovers using SMED and any other manufacturing processes.
- Records any mechanical adjustments to filling equipment in the appropriate Equipment Cleaning, Maintenance, and Use Logbooks.
- Informs Engineering when parts need to be ordered.
- Cleans equipment as needed.
- Focuses on safety, ensuring machinery is turned off via E-Stop before performing cleaning or maintenance, does not reach into moving equipment.
Technical Skills Required
- Proven experience as a machine operator.
- Understanding of production procedures.
- Willingness to learn and improve.
- Teamwork and good communication skills.
- Able to read and write English.
- Attention to detail.
- Teamwork and good communication skills with all employees and management.
- Basic math skills.
- High School Diploma or GED, technical degree is a plus.
- Experience with machinery in a manufacturing environment.
- Lift, push, and pull up to 75 pounds.
- Able to bend, kneel, and stretch.
- Able to handle heavy equipment.
- Available for overtime when needed.
- Able to operate a manual pallet jack.