POSITION: Perform position requirements, including but not limited to major accountabilities in a safe, efficient and effective manner.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES (include, but not limited to):
- Follow all Company rules, policies, procedures and requirements especially for: safety, quality, delivery and productivity/cost.
- Able read and interpret blueprints and/or schematics, engineering/structural drawings or similar information.
- Troubleshooting, repair and adjustment of plant CNC machines, laser, robots, automated paint systems and other electro-mechanical equipment.
- Preventive maintenance of plant CNC machines, laser and robots, automated paint systems and other electro-mechanical equipment.
- Repair and adjustment of existing safety equipment installation and design of new safety equipment.
- Control modification and redesign such as PLC programming, two-hand press controls, door interlock systems, automated paint systems and able to update electrical prints.
- Must be able to work on and repair all plant electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge in pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems.
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power equipment, measuring devices, power tools, hand tools, and testing equipment.
- Inspect mechanical systems, equipment, components, CNC Machines, Lasers, Robots, automated paint systems to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes. Repair such systems, equipment, components, also to include CNC Machines, Lasers, automated paint systems and Robots.
- Order parts, supplies, or equipment from catalogs or suppliers.
- Assist other maintenance employees, other employees and train employees on job procedures.
- Use tools, equipment and technology, including hand or power tools, manufacturing/operations equipment and computerized or automated systems.
- Maintain work area(s) in a safe, clean and orderly fashion.
- Perform other duties, activities and responsibilities as instructed.
Required Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- High school diploma or equivalent and relevant previous work-related experience; Vocational or Associates Degree in Mechanical Maintenance Technology is preferred.
- Machines and Systems — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance. Knowledge of electric/electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical systems also to include CNC machines, Lasers, Robots and PLC programming.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, etc., and their applications.
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.