United States of America
IN203: 6125 E 21st St. IndianapolisIN 6125 East 21st Street , Indianapolis, IN, 46219 USA
*$40K Sign On bonus**
~ Sign on bonus eligibility applies to external only candidates ~
Have you ever looked up at the stars and wondered who might be looking back? Well, wonder no more.
Raytheon Intelligence and Space creates communications and monitoring systems to keep America’s troops safe with real-time data and information. Our dynamic and diverse engineers develop demanding, trusted, superior solutions to make the world a safer place
We are looking for proven Senior Software Engineers to join our Software Engineering team in Indianapolis, IN.
The Secure Systems Solutions SW area is seeking an enthusiastic and highly capable software engineer with a recent track record of successfully developing real time embedded software. The ideal candidate will employ Raytheon software development processes and have the skills listed below.
You’re highly skilled in: (Required Skills)
Typically, 8+ years of experience with software development experience with the following skillset:
- Software life cycle development including requirements development, design, architecture, code development, integration, test and deployment
- Experience using a Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS), e.g., Linux, Green Hills (GH) Integrity, VxWorks, or other
- Experience with C/C++/C#, Python, Ada
- Experience with agile software development
- Experience with requirements development, management and test development practices
- Developing and integrating real time embedded software, including on target Hardware
- Using Green Hills Integrity, VxWorks or equivalent development tools
- Innovatively applying as well as developing advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts
- Investigating, trouble-shooting and fixing SW issues
- Record of success communicating effectively with team members across multiple disciplines and functional areas
- Communicating in and contributing to program and customer meetings and reviews
- Embedded development work in the aircraft avionics, displays, trainers and/or integration lab.
- Develop new capabilities and maintaining existing complex software in V-22 to improve fleet capabilities.
- Identify and implement enhancements to existing test environment to extend automated testing.
- Serve as software technical team member and perform architecture, design, code implementation, integration, test and documentation in both legacy and new product areas
- Work with cross functional team including software, systems, cyber and safety.
- Present work to diverse audiences including technical and nontechnical and demonstrate willingness to assist team and business leads in strategic planning for new capabilities
- Assist team leads with development of documentation and artifacts to support customer SETR events
- Play a key role in development for software and systems requirements development
- Develop RTOS embedded avionics software as a member of a scrum team.
- Work independently. You must be self-directed, able to multitask and prioritize work, possess excellent problem solving skills, have strong written and verbal communication skills, is customer focused, and organized.
- Follow Raytheon engineering processes as well as other government-mandated processes during the life cycle of systems they will maintain.
- Active and Current DoD Secret or higher clearance preferred
- Proof of US Citizenship required
You’re a great match with: (Desired Skills)
- Developing Radar Software Architecture, Signal processing or Data processing algorithms
- Developing and integrating software for advanced Air-to-Surface or Air-to-Air radar modes
- Using Continuous Integration methodologies
- Working as a Team Lead, Technical Lead, and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME) in fields of knowledge and expertise to other team members
- Having Earned Value Management knowledge and experience
- Aircraft displays expertise
- Familiarity with Product Owner, Scrum Master roles and responsibilities
- Familiarity with automated testing systems, game patching systems and product deployment
- Experience with the following tools a plus: VectorCast, LDRA, Git, Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server/Azure DevOps, MATLAB, SCADE Suite, DOORS/RPE
- Experience with Data Distribution Service
- Experience FACE/TSS (Transport Services Segment)
- Familiarity with DO-178C DAL C software development life cycle development and pro
What’s in it for you:
- You’re helping keep America’s all-volunteer service members safe.
- Raytheon ranked #16 on LinkedIn’s Top Companies for 2021
- Flexible work schedules, possibilities for remote work, one week paid company shut down in December
- You’re designing for space and airborne – how cool is that?
• Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
Relocation assistance available provided final candidate meets eligibility requirements
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Awarding.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms