TITLE: Utility Tech
REPORTS TO: Mill Supervisor
To support the operations of the plant so that they can optimize the use of all resources in meeting and/or exceeding established plant goals and client/customer expectations.
· Productively learn and operate machine, produce quality products and perform preventative maintenance on equipment.
· Follow all safety, quality, production, materials and plant policies and procedures
· Demonstrate behavior that aligns with plant expectations and CITE principles
· Complete all training required for operation of assigned area
· Available to work assigned schedule and shift hours as necessary to meet client/customer requirements
· Identify parts and colors, effectively do quality checks and troubleshoot when appropriate.
· Operate computer software necessary to assigned area
· Use the computer to pull schedules, enter quality specs, set up machines, and create tickets for pallets
· Train new or back-up operators using certified peer trainer tools and techniques
· Responsible for daily 5S
· Multitask between several processes and machines at once.
· Know and perform clean-up expectations for assigned area
· Participate on Kaizen, TPM and cross functional team events as requested
· Perform other duties as directed by plant management
· Fill in for absenteeism anywhere in the department.
· Assist on special projects as needed.
· Assist in training new employees in various positions.
· Fill in where necessary to cover for absenteeism
· Acquire and maintain an active forklift license.
· Be willing to be cross-trained in materials and quality job responsibilities.
· Maintain a safe work environment for self and others.
· Assist in all areas of departments as needed.
· Communicate well with Team Leaders, Supervisors, and team members.
· Additional duties as assigned by the Team Leader, Supervisor, or Manager
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience and Skills
1. High School Diploma/GED preferred, in lieu of education, extensive knowledge of all processes associated within the scope of the respective team may be considered
2. Manufacturing/work experience and willingness to learn to operate required positions in the team assigned
3. Record of successful team support, meeting work performance expectations and commitment toward continuous improvement
4. Experience performing duties in a team environment committed to positive performance and SQDC goal achievement
5. Demonstrate behavior that supports the company’s core values and CITE principles
6. Has excellent communication skills with knowledge of Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook preferred
Must read, analyze, and interpret common business documents such as packing lists, manifests, bills of lading, pallet tickets, or job orders. Must communicate effectively with co-workers and customers/clients in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints.
Use basic mathematical concepts like addition, subtraction, multiplication and division to such tasks as inventory control, material ordering, and job order verification.
Perceive problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an assorted number of tasks or instructions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, hear, crouch, use stairs to access work area, stand, bend, reach and feel with hands and arms and walk for entirety of shift. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 40 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
Indoor and outdoor manufacturing environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high and requires the use of hearing protection. Safety protection, glasses, hearing, and gloves are required. Overtime required per overtime policy as production demands.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, age, religion, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity and/or expression; and it will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local discrimination laws. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any disability, which is unrelated to the ability to engage in the essential functions involved in the position for which application has been made either with or without reasonable accommodations.