Alamance Foods offers exciting career opportunities from the plant floor to the corporate headquarters. Our high-energy team welcomes you to apply on the job application online or in person at Plantation Drive in Burlington NC. We strive to maintain a culture of unique diversity and perpetuate work professionalism.
The Quality Engineer is a key member of the team reporting to the Operations/Quality Leadership. The Quality Engineer is responsible for overseeing AFI manufacturing quality control effort, SQF and HACCP Product Safety programs, and developing a Quality vision and strategy for promoting a zero-defect culture across the organization. He or she will be driving continuous improvement to the quality management system and ensuring SQF standards are being met at the facility. The Quality Engineer will drive to provide root cause analysis on product defects. He or she, along with the AFI team members will work closely with engineering, production and purchasing to resolve product quality issues.
Develop and manage overall supplier quality program driving best practices throughout the supply base; work with team and suppliers to ensure root cause analysis is performed and corrective action plans are completed.
• Review CoA's for incoming raw materials. Analyze to ensure adherence to AFI specifications.
• Responsible for all customer inquiries related to product safety, regulatory issues and product-related technical questions.
• Manage the company's corrective/preventative action and customer complaint system ensuring that failures are thoroughly resolved using root cause analysis and communicated timely and effectively to the customer.
• Be part of SQF program in the facility and drive continuous improvement of quality systems to ensure compliance and improve efficiency.
• Works with production team to identify improvements in manufacturing processes specific to error proofing and quality assurance.
• Work with R&D and other AFI teams to develop, communicate, execute and collect data from trials.
• Partners with the engineering/operations team members in troubleshooting product design and performance issues.
• Partners with sales to determine exposure / impact of quality problems as well as potential improvements.
• Demonstrates computer skills required for the position - spreadsheet and database software and basic abilities to read and manipulate drawings.
• Applies 80/20 principals to daily operation.
• Maintain calibration of all quality control equipment and measurement devices.
• Adhere to all responsibilities outlined in the Food Safety Management System which is in accordance to the SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacturing of Food Packaging.
• Assist in providing training of team members in food safety, food defense, safety and other associated programs as identified by management.
• Generate weekly quality KPI reports and update the site leadership.
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Alamance Foods is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Alamance Foods. Please contact Alamance Foods Human Resources department if you need assistance completing this application or to other participate in the application process.