Avalign produces innovative, high-performance, and cost-effective medical devices with a particular focus on high growth and ingenuity. Our team is growing quickly and proud of the fact that our custom-made devices continue to make a huge difference in the lives of medical professionals and their patients. Our employees are actively involved in the design, engineering and manufacture of technologically advanced medical devices that ensure that we meet our customer’s quality specifications for each product we produce.
Responsible for setting up and operating a variety of CNC Equipment to produce parts in accordance with blueprint specifications and work instructions.
Duties/Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Complete training and demonstrate ability to operate lathe and grind equipment.
- Operate Lathe and Grinding equipment in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Perform machine setup for parts according to blueprints and guidelines.
- Burr removal on all parts where required.
- Utilize inspection gauges (caliper, micrometer, height gauge, comparator, etc.) to perform quality checks on parts as outlined by AQL and work instructions.
- Adjust machine offsets to keep part within inspection tolerance.
- Make machine adjustments, tool changes, etc. as required.
- Review and approve setup(s) by other operators.
- Maintain and ensure accurate counts on completed parts and scrapped parts.
- Complete production paperwork and make required entries into ERP system.
- Utilizes the 6S Process to maintain a clean workstation.
- Comply with all policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Primary Operator Task:
OP1- Chip Pull (Lathe)
OP2– (Measure Loader) load/unload, plus inspection (Lathe/Grind)
OP3 – OP2, plus full mechanicals and offsets/adjustments and set up/dial in (Lathe/Grind)
Competencies/Essential Functions: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Ability to read and use calipers, micrometers, height gauge, depth micrometers, comparator, and MicroVu
- Read and interpret blueprints and work operations sheets to determine appropriate operations to be performed
- Understanding of G & M Codes
- Good understanding of computers.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Ability to lift and carry 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand and walk eight hours plus per day
- Ability to work overtime (daily/weekly)
- May be required to work a weekend lights-out crew.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
What You’ll Enjoy:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid vacation and 10 observed paid holidays per year
- Employer funded Basic Life and AD&D insurance
- Employer funded STD and LTD insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Great 401(k) with company match
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Working for a thriving, performance-based company that values promoting from within and career advancement
- Temperature controlled environment
- Community involvement investing and giving back to the community
- Additional free resources such as travel assistance, EAP, etc.
Avalign conducts a comprehensive background, drug testing, highest level of education completion verification, and reference checks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are an employer that participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Apply Now