Founded in 1986 as a partnership between Nittoku and Autoneum, UGN is the preferred producer of high quality acoustic, interior trim, and thermal management products, and a recognized leader in customer satisfaction for the Japanese transplant automotive industry in North America. UGN, with more than $400 million in revenue, has six locations in the United States—Novi, Michigan; Jackson, Tennessee; Monroe, Ohio; Somerset, Kentucky; Tinley Park, Illinois; and Valparaiso, Indiana; as well as a location in Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico—specializing in manufacturing, research, development, testing, and service support.
Learn more about UGN at: https://ugn.com/
The 180,000 square foot UGN Valparaiso, Indiana facility opened in 1997 and has 300 team members currently. UGN has a strong, corporate wide focus on giving back to the community, and as such the team members at the Valparaiso, Indiana, facility are proud supporters of Housing Opportunities, a HUD-approved and state-certified housing non-profit agency serving Northwest Indiana. The Valparaiso facility has won numerous awards over the years, including the Toyota Certificate of Achievement—Quality Performance, the Subaru Quality Achievement Award, Nissan Zero Defect Award, and the Honda Quality Performance Award.
The Maintenance Technician installs, repairs, and maintains machinery, mechanical and electrical equipment such as electrical controls, electrical/servo motors, pneumatic, hydraulic, robotic, and Programmable Logic Controller equipment. Entry level or basic mechanical skills are required. This position is on the 3rd shift from 10:30 pm to 7:00 am.
- Install power supply wiring and conduit for new machines and equipment such as robots, conveyors, presses, and Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Connect power supply wires to machines and equipment, connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose apparatus such as transformers, motor controls and lighting fixtures and replace damaged or broken wires, cables, and parts.
- Replace electric motor and rewire motors.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose then repair/replace faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment. Communicate tasks completed to team leaders and supervisors before leaving area.
- Basic Mechanical skills/aptitude may be required depending on work location.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Have a good understanding and working ability with Hydraulics to include but not limited to reading schematics, troubleshooting hydraulic circuit, and replacing/repair of hydraulic components.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; and 2 years or more of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, company training and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- May be required to have/obtain licenses to operate powered industrial trucks, boom lifts, scissor lifts, or other types of equipment used to facilitate equipment repairs and accessibility.
- Prefer candidates who have a mechanical, electrical and hydraulic experience and who have worked in a manufacturing environment.