3rd shift Maintenance Technician
PVD Coatings is looking to bring on a talented 3rd shift Maintenance Technician. This role is based on-site in our Huntington Beach, CA warehouse. The hours for this position will be Monday through Friday, full-time from 9:15 p.m. - 6:00 a.m.
Join the California Faucets Team!
If we had to describe our company culture in one word it would be "yes." "Yes" to allow customers to mix and match any handle with any spout in any finish. "Yes" to quick delivery. And, most importantly, "Yes" to unparalleled customer service. By joining our team, you'll help us ensure that we maintain the culture that makes "Yes" possible. In the spirit of "Yes", your great ideas will be warmly welcomed. From our products to our people, we’re truly unmatched! If you’re looking for a fast-paced, innovative, and welcoming workplace, then a career with our company is right for you.
What’s in it for you!
- 100% Employer-Paid Medical + Dental + Vision Insurance options for employees
- 401(K) Plan with company match
- Profit-Sharing plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life and AD&D/Long Term Disability
- Paid time off
- Discounts on theme parks, movie tickets, sports, hotels, and more
- Employee referral bonus program
- Employee Assistance Program
Additional voluntary benefits are also offered! Come be a part of something great!
Job Description/Essential Duties:
The Maintenance Mechanic is critical within the company and has a direct impact on day-to-day production minimizing equipment downtime through preventive maintenance procedures. The maintenance Mechanic is responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining highly technical and automated PVD equipment to include air compressors, water chiller, sandblasting cabinets, and other equipment utilized. This position will perform troubleshooting on electrical, mechanical, gas, pneumatics, and cooling system as needed and will assist in continuous improvement and cost reduction efforts. System schematic reading is required to confirm proper troubleshooting.
When performing this position, the following activities are required:
- Strong mechanical aptitude with good decision-making skills and self-motivated.
- Understanding of electrical schematics and documentation
- Hands-on and working knowledge of mechanical and computer-controlled machinery, previous experience with vacuum equipment or cutting tools preferred.
- Welding to include: MIG, TIG, and Arc
- Familiar with automated equipment, pumps, gearboxes, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, and more.
- 480V 3 phase troubleshooting and wiring. Including low voltage controls.
- Perform and update equipment PM logs, record inspections, complete work in a timely manner (complete before the start of production day)
- Adhere to realistic project deadlines and update the Manager on progress. Inform the Manager of any potential or existing problems.
- Periodic maintenance and depending on the repair needed, correct the problem or report to the management any equipment in need of repair
- Understanding and occasionally operating PVD coating equipment according to company specifications.
- Understands and has a working knowledge of the various processes, procedures, and functions; use and understand basic computer entry and processing skills.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Organizes and maintains levels of project timeline demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Troubleshoots problems and determines the action be taken.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Following Personal Attributes/Skills are Required:
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English and Spanish fluently.
- Ability to meet or exceed the company’s attendance and punctuality standards.
- Ownership of all assigned areas of responsibility.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- A sense of urgency and efficiency in all tasks required to complete.
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills; must be able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Adaptability/flexibility when encountering problems. Must be able to solve problems and implement solutions independently.
- Demonstrate people skills using good judgment and discretion.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, dependability, persistence.
- Ability to evaluate objectively, fairly, and consistently.
- Ability to use common tools.
- Ability to understand and follow directions as given.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Literacy in desktop technology (e.g., Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to comply with all safety regulations including the use of personal protective equipment.
Education and Experience:
- The minimum educational requirement to successfully perform this position is a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
- Someone entering this position should have at least two (2) years of experience in performing similar work in a related field.
- At least two (2) years of experience in a fast-paced environment.