Employees are Our Greatest Asset
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern Corporation for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets.
Great Northern exists to live out the core values established by our founders - integrity, personal growth, entrepreneurial spirit, and a shared future.
Our vision, "We help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future” is a call to action to deliver on building a people-centric culture, developing leaders from within, and sending people home fulfilled about their role and contributions. The "win" for everyone is a trusting and collaborative culture that helps us be at our best every day.
Our mission statement, "We help our customers win by doing what others can't or won't” gives us a clear purpose and raises the bar for performance. Doing what others "can't or won't" for our customers is demonstrated by a willingness to serve customers, value-added partnerships and proactively developing innovative solutions to our customer's challenges.
We are excited that you are looking to join our great culture. Here are some details about the position.
Under general supervision and following established procedures, the Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for performing semi-routine maintenance tasks for the Plant Operations facility and for Administrative Offices facility. Typical duties will include, but are not necessarily limited to: assists Maintenance Mechanic III in troubleshooting and repairing electrical problems, troubleshooting and resolving semi-routine and complex plant machinery mechanical malfunctions, repairing problems related to hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and providing assistance for office moves, adds and changes as necessary.
All job responsibilities are to be performed in strict adherence with the Company’s Mission/Values Statement and in accordance with established standards for external customers as well as internal customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
· Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical breakdowns related to plant operations machinery and related
· Troubleshoots and repairs minor electrical outages related to plant operations equipment and corporate office electrical needs.
· Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical breakdowns related to hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
· Follows safe operating procedures and all safety rules in accordance with Company policy and in accordance with OSHA rules and regulations.
· Monitors unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunctions and discuss machine operation variations with Supervisors or other Maintenance Workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
· Dismantles defective machines and equipment.
· Removes, repairs and replaces worn or defective parts, mechanisms and systems.
· Performs routine maintenance on all machines by cleaning and lubricating shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of the machinery.
· Repairs and maintains the facilities (inside and outside of building).
· Initiates purchase orders for parts, equipment and machines.
· Performs overtime work and on-call support work as required of the position.
· Performs a variety of miscellaneous job-related tasks as may be assigned from time-to-time by a Management Representative.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
In addition to excellent wages, Great Northern has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; paid vacation; paid holidays; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
We are a Tobacco Free campus