Job Location: Medford MA - Medford, MA
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Job Shift: 3rd Shift
he principal function of this position is to assist the Plant Engineer in the management, supervision, and execution of all plant operations. To include assisting the Plant Engineer with the following responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Supervision and guidance of maintenance department personnel so that they understand their role and function effectively as a support unit of production.
- Coordinate with all departments on Maintenance Engineering Production issues.
- Manage, mentor, and continually develop department supervisors and crew.
- Schedule, implement, and document Maintenance Engineering activity on plant equipment.
- Determine opportunities and select methods for optimizing or upgrading existing equipment.
- Implement system installations to minimize production downtime and improve safety, while being cost efficient.
- Manage building systems maintenance and repairs to provide superior employee comfort, safety, and productivity.
- Inspect construction and installation process.
- Coordinate projects with maintenance staff.
- Follow and enforce safety procedures.
- Supervise and train maintenance staff including organizing/prioritizing/scheduling preventative maintenance work assignments.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- High school diploma and relevant years of experience is required. Associate’s and/or Bachelor’s degree in a technical field is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of industrial maintenance and electrical experience, PLC and food manufacturing industry experience is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing a maintenance team within a manufacturing environment
- Strong electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and troubleshooting experience
- Ability to bring a maintenance team together, develop junior level maintenance technicians and work in a team environment within a diverse workforce
- Strong sense of job ownership/accountability with effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be flexible and able to work overtime and weekends when required