Boar's Head Provisions Co., Inc.
A MECHANIC assists with the maintenance of the plant’s equipment, including preventive maintenance, along with a variety of other duties as assigned by the lead person, supervisor, or manager. Successful candidate will complete a general knowledge placement test with a satisfactory score.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Sets up and operates drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Responsible for performing tasks as described and assigned by the department lead/supervisor.
- Must work as a team player, ensuring product specifications are attained and in a safe and efficient manner
- Communicate well with other team members
- Assist other departments as assigned by lead, supervisor or manager.
- Must follow Company’s GMP’s, SOP’s, plant rules, other policies and codes of conduct.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions
- Strive to satisfy the requirements of both internal and external customers.
- Responsible for keeping work area clean
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- Computer literate to the completing of daily work within a CMMS system.
- Industrial maintenance experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of basic industrial mechanical systems, electricity and utilities
- Ability to diagnose industrial mechanical systems, equipment and utilities problems
- Strong knowledge of shop equipment set up and operation
- Strong TIG or stick welding experience
- Attend required vendor training as needed
RATE OF PAY:
Hourly rate TBD (depending on experience )
Position has the opportunity to receive step increases through Boar’s Head established training programs.
New Castle, IN
Facility Maintenance 3rd Shift.