3D Printing Product & Process Engineer
HP is changing the way people understand 3Dprinting. HP launched few years ago a unique technology and business model to disrupt the market and open a new world in the 3D printing industry from product development to manufacturing. The Fourth Industrial Revolution is one of the most transformative forces in our lifetime – join HP and be a part of it.
At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. We use ideas to put technology to work for everyone. And we believe that ideas thrive best in a culture of teamwork. That is why everyone - at every level, in every function - is encouraged to have ideas, to express them and to share them. We trust anything can be achieved if you really believe in it, and we will invest in your ideas to change lives and the way people work. This vision is what sets us apart as a company.
We are looking for a Product & Process Engineer with verifiable experience in manufacturing of orthotics and/or prosthetics products and the associated finishing processes, someone with a solid technical background, superior customer focus, and enthusiastic about 3D Printing and new technologies.
The selected candidate will be part of the 3D GBU Applications team. He/she will partner with R&D and manufacturing teams to successfully deliver new 3D parts to worldwide customers/partners.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Own Custom Orthotics product engineering.
- Develop industrial processes and innovative solutions from inception to production. Identify potential areas for automation.
- Develop technical know-how on Custom Orthotics products Interface with Product Marketing and Development teams to understand customer requirements and own product knowledge to successfully deliver new products.
- Own product change management driving the qualifications required prior introduction to factory and market.
- Bring/develop orthotics industry know how on materials, processes, and best practices in the segment.
- Drive Field & Factory Failure Analysis understanding the root causes, propose and implement product and process improvements.
- Work with internal and external partners in the design/specification, test, and implementation of processes and/or equipment needed to produce and/or automate the production of the parts.
- Define and implement process controls during production.
- Monitor and track parts production KPIs. Implement process improvement and corrective actions to ensure that production KPIs are met.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Operations, Engineering or Business-related field is preferred.
- 10 + years of experience in product/process engineering role, preferably in orthotics, prosthetics and/or medical products.
Skills and Competencies:
- Deep knowledge of the product/solution/services US ecosystem in orthotics, prosthetics and/or medical products.
- Verifiable know how on process/production control, operations, or quality. Experience in mid/high volume manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Experience or knowledge on production principles, process equipment functions, lean methodologies (six sigma, Kaizen, TQM, SPC, etc), QMS (Quality Management Systems), training and development and resource planning is preferred.
- Technical leadership skills. Adept at communicating, influencing, and motivating.
- Superior Customer focus and Business Acumen.
- High level of initiative with an ability to plan and manage tasks autonomously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluent spoken and written English.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills. Ability to work collaboratively, both within and outside one’s own group.
No shift premium (United States of America)
EEO Tagline -
HP Inc. is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.