Under the supervision of the Modeling Manager/s, the Modeler I will prepare models and fabrication drawings of tubular pole structures and related hardware using SolidWorks 3D CAD software. This individual will be working from verbal and written instructions, marked prints, sketches and engineering design calculations. They will be responsible for preparing bill of materials. Meyer Utility Structures is an industry leader in the engineering design and fabrication of concrete, lattice, and tubular steel structures for transmission, distribution, and substation applications. With over sixty years of innovative engineering and manufacturing expertise, Meyer has helped to author and validate many of today’s transmission industry standards and specifications.
• Acquire job skills and learn policies and procedures to complete routine task.
• Ability to follow oral or simple written instructions and procedures
• Support the Value Stream Manager and Project Managers to improve:
o On-time delivery
o Quality of drawings
• Prepare all models and fabrication drawings of tubular pole structures and related hardware using SolidWorks software
• Discuss project requirements directly with persons for whom the work is being done
• Work with fabrication facilities to resolve any problems that may arise during fabrication
• Perform other duties and accept responsibilities to ensure the overall success of the department
• Prepare models and drawings on a computer system under minimum supervision, working from verbal and written instruction, marked prints, sketches and engineering design calculations
• Learn customer requirements as shown on specifications and drawings
• Communicate professionally to customer and plant operations
• Work independently as a problem solver
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associates Degree or equivalent.
• Basic knowledge of 3D parametric modeling software (SolidWorks, Autodesk Inventor, etc.)
• Basic understanding of drafting standards (dimensioning, etc.)
• Demonstrate ability to communicate ideas both verbal and written.
• Pass Meyer SolidWorks test.
• CSWA required
• Proficient in producing models/drawings for anchor bolts, pre-engineered poles and simple engineered poles.
• Basic understanding of fabrication practices.
• Basic understanding of customer requirements shown on specifications and drawings related to modeling.
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
• Must be able to work in an open office environment.