Purpose and Nature of Position: Administer the Heating and Air conditioning Systems/Service Requirement. Perform any job assigned in support of production within the confines of the Russell Stover property. The specific department in which the duties are performed falls under the Maintenance Department.
Description of Tasks Performed:
Install, troubleshoot, repair, operate and replace RSC equipment and services.
Duties and Responsibilities: Listed in order, ranking the most essential duties first. Essential functions are primary job duties that are intrinsic to the position.
- Maintain the Heating and Air Conditioning Systems and service requirements.
- Able to troubleshoot and repair pumps, compressors, and boiler systems
- Used hand tools required (HVAC and machinery)
- Respond in timely manner to calls for maintenance
- Keep areas of responsibility clean and organized
- Assist in ensuring parts inventories
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity of the system.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plant and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the system.
- Regular dependable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Conform to rules.
- May be assigned other duties by plant management as required.
Machines, tools, equipment, work aids used:
- Building Control System
- Compressors (Air and Refrigeration
- Cooling Towers
- Pressurized Water Systems
- Heat Exchangers
- Air Cooling Systems
- Shop Equipment
- Ladders/Platforms, Man-lifts, forklifts
- Waste Water and yard equipment
Materials and/or Products Handled:
- Plant Production Materials
- Water and Natural Gas
Employee Supervision Standards (Reports to Maintenance Supervisor)
- Performs assigned task given specific instructions, progress is checked periodically.
- Proceeds alone on routine tasks following standard instructions. Refers all questionable situations to immediate supervisor.
- May arrange own work, but carries out work under specified standards. Is presumed to know routine work details and performance standard for the job.
- Must have ability to routinely and frequently stand, stoop, bend, climb and lift to meet cleaning requirements.
- Must have good hand-eye coordination and possess motor skills enabling mobility and quick reflexes, as well as dexterity in ceiling height areas.
- Must have visual/hearing ability sufficient to recognize or detect warning devices/signs.
- Must have ability to routinely lift 50#s.
- Works in extreme cold with or without temperature changes.
- Works in extreme heat with or without temperature changes
- Works in extreme wet or humidity with or without temperature changes.
- Noise environment.
- Body strain from repeated motion.
- High school diploma or GED required, trade certification preferred.
- Three years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience in electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, HVAC, boiler systems and pneumatic systems required.
- Universal Refrigerant License strongly recommended.
- Ammonia experience preferred.
- Must be able to pass Ammonia Operator training classes.
- Knowledge of basic math skills.
- Ability to comprehend technical manuals, instructions and warning sign.
- Knowledge and ability to safely and proficiently use a variety of hand and power tools and diagnostic equipment.
Employment by Lindt & Sprüngli North America is contingent upon I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification, and satisfactory reference and background checks.This job description is not exhaustive, and the Company reserves the right to adjust the job description as well as ask employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities. Russell Stover Chocolates is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings.