Job Location: Corporate Headquarters (Sewell, NJ) - Sewell, NJ
Salary Range: Undisclosed
The overall purpose of this position is to ensure timely and accurate picking, sorting and loading of all outbound product for next day delivery. This is a production-type, fast-paced operation that involves bulk case picking as well as single order picking, batch picking and multi-batch order picking.
This role also helps to provide the proper coaching, training, tools and communication for employees to meet or exceed departmental and individual goals. Manage labor budget and forecasting for box and outbound volume. Continually identify opportunities for process improvement.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work Sunday – Thursday 2nd shift; flexibility due to additional days/hours during peak periods is required.
- Must be able to work in a warehouse and cooler environment (approx. 34 degrees).
- Supervise a team of 20-30 employees in a work environment that is driven by accurate and timely customer order fulfillment.
- Play a strategic role in budgeting/forecasting of labor and volume, monitoring and managing the daily workload, and meeting or exceeding production and budget goals.
- Must have the strong ability to successfully manage within deadlines, setting goals to achieve both department and company objectives.
- Monitor current processes for continuous improvement and to drive out costs.
- Supervise and lead your team by providing them with the proper tools and supplies to perform their jobs. Continuously evaluate their attendance, performance, setting and communicating goals and providing motivation and feedback when needed.
- Contribute to the Succession Planning goal of continuous development of Work Leaders.
- Communicate and collaborate with other members of the management team or different departments both verbally and written.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for leadership, performance management and hiring of the employees within its department.
Required Education and Experience:
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to adapt to change in a positive manner, and motivate employees through these changes.
- Must have past experience with Warehouse Management Systems. Strong knowledge of Excel and other MS Office applications.
- Must have previous logistics or warehouse experience with automated or manual processes.
- Prior knowledge/experience working with or handling perishables is preferred.
- Prior experience operating forklift, power jack, order picker is preferred.