ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs and coordinates the manufacturing of products in compliance with customer requirements and regulatory procedures.
- Responsible for eliminating safety incidents, improving package quality and improving equipment efficiency.
- Analyzes production and inventory issues and provides solutions.
- Establishes and controls production conditions in order to satisfy customer and quality specifications.
- Ensures that productions goals are achieved and sets direction for the team to accomplish these goals.
- Effectively communicates with production personnel and cross-functional teams.
- Maintains employee safety and morale by creating safe and efficient working environment.
- Maximizes the efficiency of production lines and ensures effective employment utilization.
- Coordinates production shifts, arranges employee schedules and monitors employee performance.
- Monitors production staff to ensure GMPs and other company policies and procedures are being followed.
- Participates in processes established to improve the effectiveness of the SQF System.
- Covers Production Manager responsibilities in manager’s absence
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience with food packaging equipment required (Vertical Baggers and Scaling Systems preferred)
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Scheduling experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience in HACCP/GMPs/SQF preferred
- Available to work flexible hours including nights and weekends when needed
- High-level leadership and decision-making skills
- Able to motivate, influence, and train people
- Be an independent thinker with strong organizational and planning abilities
- Able to work within timelines and in a high-pressure/fast-paced environment
Harvest Food Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V