United States of America
CAG01: CTD-Athens, GA 700 Olympic Drive, Athens, GA, 30601 USA
2nd Shift Supervisor
Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable, and high-performance buildings.
Transicold helps improve the transport and shipping of temperature-controlled cargoes with a complete line of equipment and services for refrigerated transport and cold chain visibility. For more than 40 years, Carrier Transicold has been an industry leader, providing customers around the world with the most advanced, energy efficient and environmentally sustainable container refrigeration systems and generator sets, direct-drive and diesel truck units and trailer refrigeration systems.
You will provide leadership to a materials/ warehouse operation at the Carrier Transicold Athens facility. You will be responsible for all aspects associated with effectively receiving, shipping and storing product. This role reports to the Associate Director of Supply Chain.
- Effectively lead a 2nd shift materials team that is focused on Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost
- You should have a safety 1st mindset and lead by example ensuring all safety guidelines are followed consistently
- Develop and support a 5s mindset in all plant areas. Extraordinary housekeeping is expected at all times
- Develop an environment that champions high employee morale promoting fair and equal treatment focused on results
- Conduct employee performance reviews providing effective and constructive unbiased feedback
- Ability to recognize and resolve when gaps exist throughout the shift
- Ensure environmental compliance and policies are adhered too
- Plan daily activities including work force requirements handling vacations, schedule/ unscheduled absenteeism and over-time within budget and company policies
- Lead associate skills matrices to effectively staff an efficient operation that promotes quality. Build and perform training requirements as needed
- Provide routing information and issue shipping instructions to ensure deliveries arrive on time and to their correct location.
- Prepare paperwork for shipping and receiving team members to ensure correct product is located/ loaded/ and stocked properly
- Handle activities throughout the order fulfilment and transportation cycle to make sure established deadlines are met
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education and Qualifications:
- Be able to drive multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations and can work independently without detailed direction
- Proven patience, tact and diplomacy
- Motivated and willing to accept new challenges
- Strong leadership skills, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Learns new tasks quickly and identifies improvement opportunities
- Ability to interact with various departments, levels of the organization, associates customers, and management in Athens
- Flexibility to work past established starting and ending times
- Highly focused and results orientated in supporting complex operations
- Ability to conduct all business and personal affairs in a professional and ethical manner
- High-energy with a pleasant and professional demeanor that promotes a team atmosphere that delivers results
- Basic computer proficiency with email and Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Other systems as required
- Background in shipping, receiving and warehouse practices a plus.
- BS in Operations/Engineering or related degree with 1-3 years’ experience, or AAS in Operation/Engineering or related degree with 5+ years’ experience
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice
COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S. Salaried employees.