Job Location: Winder Plant - Winder, GA
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: None
Job Shift: Swing
Job Category: Manufacturing
PRICE INDUSTRIES INC.
At Price Industries Inc. our high-quality products, reliable delivery, and knowledgeable follow-up service have made us a market leader in manufacturing and supplying innovative air distribution, critical controls, and noise control products. After more than 60 years, Price remains a privately held family company with a deep heritage and commitment to innovation and service. Our long-standing vision, traditional values, and the Price way of doing business are the cornerstones of our company.
2nd Shift Shipping Supervisor
Responsible for supervising shipping and receiving employees; collaborating with manufacturing to ensure that products are ready for shipments; products are loaded in safe efficient manner and received by customers on time and in compliance with company standards. Meets company delivery goals and finds ways to increase productivity. Verifies counts of items being shipped / received are accurate; performs monthly inventory counts for finished goods and raw materials as directed; maintains warehouse cleanliness and provides a safe work environment. Monitors shipping transactions and documentation for accuracy, timeliness and ensures all paperwork for shipped items are filed correctly in accordance with company standards and processes. This is an active position that is on the production floor working with the team members. This position reports to the Plant Manager or Management assigned by the Plant Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Works closely with departments in forecasting manufactured daily shipments.
- Collaborates with Manufacturing team to receive finish goods in such a manner that products are ready for shipment to ensure all orders are shipped on time to meet deadlines.
- Adheres to priorities and sequences for shipping products, ensures shipments are on schedule.
- Determines work schedules, distributes work and explains procedures.
- Escalates storage and shipping constraints to upper management in a timely manner.
- Manages the movement of materials and trailers in and out of the facility through scheduling according to manufacturing and customer demands.
- Coordinates and communicates with different departments, carriers and customers to ensure smooth shipment of products.
- Monitors the loading of orders and oversees the appropriate packaging is applied by manufacturing personnel.
- Determines which delivery services each order requires.
- Oversees shipping operations and white glove employees.
- Documents employee performance and gives regular constructive feedback to employees.
- Maintains warehouse and yard cleanliness.
- Solves practical problems; ability to "root cause" of a problem and determine corrective action.
- Ensures administrative documents are maintained in accordance with company policies.
- Performs monthly inventory counts of finished goods accurately.
- Tracks inbound flatbed trailers and ensure trailers are issued to manufacturing operations in FIFO method.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a warehouse distribution environment
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a supervisory role
- Paramount organization skills; clerical and working operation with all aspects of freight and packaging / logistics
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment where priorities are constantly changing
- Ability to lift 50 pounds plus and be active physically in the departments operation
- Experience in operating various types of distribution equipment in a warehouse environment
- Familiarization with shipping documents and modes of transportation
- Math competence; at College level – Business Reporting
- Computer literate; business operating systems knowledge, specifically Microsoft Applications
- Must be able to communicate effectively with drivers, workers and upper management
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability and desire to foster excellent teamwork and interdepartmental cooperation
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning and successfully working in multicultural environments
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, extreme heat, extreme cold and dust. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.