About Us: EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: 2nd Shift SFOF Stationary Engineer -Rover
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a 2nd Shift SFOF Stationary Engineer -Rover at JPL in Pasadena, CA.
The project is approx. 3 million SF with more than 200 buildings on campus. The 2nd Shift SFOF Stationary Engineer -Rover must be experienced in operating Energy Management Control Systems and have HVAC / Electrical experience. The SFOF Stationary Engineer -Rover interacts with customers for all EMCS and mechanical issues on the JPL site, especially during non-core hours. The JPL facility operates 24/7 365 days a year. The SFOF Stationary Engineer – Rover will be on a shift assignment and will rotate according to coverage and training needs. Some overtime may be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrating a solid commitment to all aspects of safety
- The day-to-day coordination and response to operational support issues of the Space Flight Operations Facility’s (B230 and B264) infrastructure, electrical and mechanical systems. This also includes but is not limited to items such as maintaining plant operations logs, performing power certifications, and performing required scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities.
- Outage restoration coordination and response during emergency or abnormal conditions. Primary responsibility is for buildings 230 and 264 during core hours and for the entire site during non-core hours.
- Serve as first responders in cases of system disturbance so that the system(s) can be restored to a normal configuration.
- Recommend operational improvements and communicate system events to SFOF Lead regarding the condition of buildings 230 and 264 during core hours. During non-core hours system event reporting is required to be logged and documented during the shift.
- Demonstrate sound internal and/or external customer service.
- Coordinate additional staffing/resource requirements with SFOF Lead or Senior Operator on-site (during non-core hours) to handle emergencies beyond the capabilities of on-site staff.
- Must have either a Journeyman License in either HVAC or Electrical or a Stationary Engineer license.
- 5 yrs experience required with demonstrated understanding to operate and maintain a wide range of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Must possess knowledge of, or ability to learn electrical and mechanical systems operation, and maintenance practices, procedures, work methods, materials, equipment, and tools to operate and maintain the systems.
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts and be available for overtime work when needed.
- Must be capable of effective performance in problem solving, multi-tasking, and teamwork.
- Must demonstrate effective performance in prioritizing work for efficient and safe operations.
- Must possess reading and comprehension skills to effectively interpret drawings, schematics, equipment instruction manuals, standards and procedures used to maintain configuration control of the SFOF.
EMCOR Government Services requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. EMCOR Government Services is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled