The QA Technician will perform Quality and Food Safety tests, checks and audits as assigned to ensure the quality and food safety of all raw, in process and finished goods. S/he will accurately complete and enter electronically all required safety, quality and manufacturing control documents and information.
Position Responsibilities & Duties
- Adheres to all Safety policies and procedures, as well as all Food Safety/Quality SOP’s, GMPs
- Knowledgeable of all receiving, in-process, finished product controls, analyses and tests
- Performs calibrations and maintenance of lab instruments; Knows and understands the operation of all lab testing equipment; Maintains all testing supplies and chemicals
- Monitors all processing lines and performs quality audit checks on all products and lines
- Audits in-process, finished product, and traceability controls
- Maintains open communication with management, team members, and other departments to minimize out of specification conditions and foreign substance contamination
- Performs special audits to ensure plant adherence to customer, company, and governmental requirements; maintains open communication with USDA inspector and other regulatory entities
- Collects, prepares, mails, and follows up on, if necessary, various samples
- Identifies non-conformance product or materials; Investigates non-conformance product or materials through trouble shooting, problem solving and determining a disposition
- Maintains HACCP and other records
- Trains fellow technicians and other personnel as needed.
- Microbiological testing/documentation of finished and in-process products; interpret results and retest/report abnormalities as needed; generate standard report of results
- Analytical sampling (air and surfaces)
Q.A. Technicians will be open to rotation and/or shift changes/split shifts and may be called upon to perform duties outside of the Q. A. Technician responsibilities that proactively support company needs. Based on the variability of the QA processes and needs the responsibilities and duties will vary.
- Serves as a champion of our culture.
- Effective communication, organizational, analytical and math skills, as well as attention to detail, and troubleshooting are essential to this position.
- Must demonstrate excellent decision-making ability to determine best course of action in assessing test results and to use logic and think critically.
- Must possess basic computer skills; knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet programs required. Knowledge of MS Office and SAP and Intelex also required.
- Ability to read and interpret procedures, specifications, and other documents.
- Ability to write reports and procedures
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
Education, Experience Level:
- Related Experience: Previous Quality or Lab work in a food manufacturing facility is a plus.
- Educational Level: Two years of college science related course work is a plus.
- Licenses/Certifications: Certification for HACCP and/or PCQI a plus
Schedule: 2:00pm - 10:30pm
M-F, with weekend availability required