Since 1963, compact Industries has been the leading contract manufacturer of dry food products to the Fortune 500 companies that market the national brands you know and love. Compact Industries partners with its customer in the Custom Blending & Contract Packaging, Retail, Food service, Office Coffee Service & Vending maker segments to deliver quality food products with 216,000 square feet of manufacturing and warehouse space. Compact Industries offers total rewards package, including attractive benefits, retirement saving programs, and tuition assistance. Work with an established team of long-term employees.
Ensure the policies and procedures of the quality control department are properly implemented by training and leading the quality control technicians. Be knowledgeable of and maintain proficiency in all positions in the quality control department.
Maintain a professional work environment, free from discrimination of all types.
Work with the production department to ensure maximum production is achieved without compromising food product quality or safety.
- Monitor activity in all areas of Blending: Loft, Pre-weigh, Dump Room & Pre-Stage.
- Be present and available to employees and co-workers, physically on the floor and via radio.
- Periodically check-in with key employees such as leads and operators, offering support or guidance when necessary.
- Attend production meetings.
- Provide production schedule for all blending leads & pre-weigh.
- Hand out job assignments to each lead.
- Check loft Inventory.
- Ensure all packaging lines have products when needed.
- Monitor blending and pre-weigh board to ensure accuracy.
- Validate wet wash/ sugar wash/ dry ice cleaning for accuracy.
- Check for allergen blending requirements.
- Print blend sheets.
- Ensure formula addback is consumed before end of run.
- Keep areas clean and organized.
- Monitor equipment.
- Set up the next shift with the necessary materials.
- Enforce GMP’s and safety procedures.
- All partial raw materials are put away from pre-weight.
- Monitor inventory transactions for accuracy.
- Clear accurate communication between shifts, i.e., blending reports, and potential issues.
- Update Supervisor Metrics reports.
- Provide a summary of any non-conforming material occurrences.
- Work weekends when scheduled.
- Safety meetings
- Ability to conduct a meeting.
- Completion of Company Wide training individually as well as oversee hourly associates’ successful completion
- Physical inventory.
- Back up for off shift Supervisor.
- Performance reviews.
- Oversee 40+ employees.
- Provide effective direction and coordination of all manufacturing activities.
- Ability to quickly adapt to schedule changes.
- Ability to keep a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet or exceed yearly KPI’s.
- Willingness to train when necessary.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to lift up to 50Lbs.
- Climb ladders and stairs.
- 85% of the day spent on the production floor.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust priorities.
- Ability to implement change, and continuous departmental improvements.
- Ability to motivate others and encourage “TEAM” development.
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams.
- Bi-lingual English Spanish is a plus.
- Able to operate a forklift is a plus.
- 3+ years Supervisory experience in manufacturing / food processing is preferred.
- Training others.
- Safety training.
- HACCP knowledge is a plus.
- Lean/ Continuous Improvement exposure is a plus.