Job Location: Haverhill MA - Haverhill, MA
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $17.00
QA Technician will assist Quality Assurance Manager in ensuring compliance with all Manufacturing Quality and Food Safety Policies and Guidelines. The technician will play a key role in our company’s commitment to the production of the highest quality safe foods. The Quality Assurance Technician must be able to interact across inter-departmental boundaries in a professional, pro-active manner, avoid conflicts and exemplify a collaborative spirit.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to the following:
- Monitor existing product SKU's and directly recommend/lead development improvements with R&D.
- Monitor the quality of incoming raw materials and finished products, including organoleptic evaluations.
- Enforce Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's).
- Complete Pre-operational Inspections each morning and evening including swabs weekly
- Monitor general upkeep of production area.
- Monitor verifications for CCP's on the floor
- Perform Specification Testing on certain incoming raw materials as needed
- Monitor daily Label Checks, HACCP, Operational, weekly thermometer checks, weekly temp tags, and Calibration requirements.
- Monitor and verify the proper function of metal detectors on a daily basis
- Perform training as assigned by the QA Manager for employees.
- Perform the daily organoleptic testing of products being run that day and send out reports.
- Generally, assist in ensuring safety compliance and compliance with all other Company Rules and Policies by way of example and by encouraging and monitoring the behavior of others.
The Ideal Candidate will have the Following Qualifications
- Serve Safe Certified
- Proficient knowledge of USDA/FDA regulations, 3rd party audits, GMP's, SSOP's HACCP, BRC, and process control.
- Intermediate-level computer skills (especially literate in Microsoft Office).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A high level of interpersonal skills, excellent leadership skills, and motivational skills
- Demonstrate a high level of energy drive and initiative.
- The ability to be self-directed and maintain excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours and accept additional responsibilities as needed.