Job Title: Assembler Shift: Mon-Fri 2:20pm-10:50pm
Reports to: Process Flow Coordinator FLSA (Exempt / Non Exempt): Non Exempt
Job Summary: Perform assembly functions of assigned station for assigned line of production in a safe, effective and efficient manner in order to deliver a quality product to our customer.
- Assemble assigned product as instructed by Assembly Trainer or PFC
- Insure a quality product by using tools in proper manner.
- Work as team member for the assigned product line by effectively communicating production needs and helping teammates to reach daily production goals.
- Keep work area clean and comply with 6S process for assigned line.
- Be flexible in job assignment and learn new skills so each employee can move to areas as assigned to complete assigned tasks.
- Participate in Lean manufacturing training and Kaizen events with a focus on eliminating waste in all production activities.
- Assemble product that meets the quality standards each and every time.
- This Job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities of the employee. The employee may be assigned other responsibilities as required of the position.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to learn to assemble product in an effective manner in order to meet production goals and eliminate variation in product.
- Ability to communicate with leaders and teammates in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Focused effort to produce a quality product each and every time.
- 18 years of age.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and 7 year background check
- Must have a High School Diploma, GED or Current Successful Workkey Assessment.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and 7 year background screening
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar production environment.
- Previous stable work history
- Technical training at an accredited school.
- Ability to lift 50lbs minimum for all production lines which increases to 75lbs for Vane Pump.
- Standing on concrete factory floor for 8+ hours per day.
- Must be able to wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses and other PPE equipment as required for work function.
- Ability to safely reach, stretch, bend and lift parts and product from a standing position.
- Overhead lifting of various parts.
- Ability to work with various hand tools that require hand strength (10lbs) and flexibility including but not limited to hammers, screw drivers, crimping and torque wrenches. Tools / Equipment: Powered and hand tools to perform the function of product assembly. Some hand tools may have vibration.
Working Conditions: Temperature controlled factory environment.