The Production Supervisor - Fabrication is responsible for overseeing and managing employees in an assigned department and shift while ensuring compliance with safety and quality standards. This position will oversee our 2nd Shift Fabrication Operations.
- Leads and trains employees on the assigned shift.
- Oversees the daily workflow and assignments of the production shift.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations, coaching, and mentoring.
- Oversees production operations on assigned shift.
- Troubleshoots issues that arise.
- Coordinate resources as necessary to achieve safe and efficient results based on project workload.
- Review and verify the quality of work to ensure it meets the specifications of blueprints and wiring schematics.
- Partners with Production Manager to track progress or changes to production schedules and communicates information to team members as appropriate.
- Provide recommendations to increase productivity and efficiency of the department.
- Maintains knowledge of processes and equipment used according to company policies and procedures.
- Notifies maintenance department of equipment problems.
- Ensures that employees comply with applicable safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn production operations and machinery.
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Reading comprehension skills with the ability to interpret and follow written directions, blueprints, and engineering diagrams
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Basic understanding of tools (ex. Tape measures, impact drill, etc). and math skills to meet technical specifications and measurements
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to complete reports and logs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with experience in a sheet metal fabrication shop with press brakes, punch press, and lasers.
- At least 2 years of experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking through the production floor.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull up to 35 pounds at a time.
- Must wear PPE, such as gloves, safety glasses, hard hat, and ear protection, while working on the production floor