Skylark Meats, LLC, an American Foods Group Company, has opportunities for a 2nd Shift Production Supervisor at our Omaha, Nebraska plant.
If you are looking to advance your career, join the AFG family where you can be a part of providing quality beef products to over 40 countries around the world.
As our Production Supervisor, you will:
- Supervisor and coordinate all production procedures making sure all operations are efficient, effective and accurate according to customer specifications
- Knowledge of all procedures associated with HACCP
- Monitor Quality Control Procedures (correct yields, product specs, correct customer specifications, etc.)
- Supervise and monitor employee personnel
- Improper behavior
- Input information with hiring and terminations
- Daily completion of production paperwork
- Safety training forms
- Time Detail from Kronos
- Complete orders and notify production scheduler of incomplete orders
- Supervise and coordinate with employees to make sure all areas are clean, organized, and in proper operating condition at all times
- Responsible for employee welfare and safety
- Attend documented training on company procedures
- Follow all SQF, HACCP, SSOP’s, SOP’s, and GMP policies and procedures
- This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal
- Minimum of 4 years working experience in a further beef or pork processing operation
- Minimum 3 years supervisory or management experience
- Knowledge of GMP’s and HACCP procedures
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Good typing and computer skills
- Must have a high math aptitude; be assertive; and be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform consistent, accurate work with minimal direction and work successfully as part of a team
- Must be able to withstand long periods in cold, warm, or wet/damp environments
- Communicate effectively in Spanish and English (speaking, reading, and writing)
Skylark Meats, LLC an American Foods Group company is a privately held meat processing company, with locations across the Midwest. We appreciate our employees and reward them for a job well done.
What we offer:
- Competitive total compensation package for you and your family.
- Excellent benefit plan. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Accounts, Voluntary Benefits, PTO, Vacation, 401k, 401k match, Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Attendance Incentive Bonus, 2nd shift differential, Employee Recognition Programs, Discount Meat Purchase Program, and more!
Check Out the Omaha, NE Area!
From exploring underground caves at Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium to the NCAA College World Series, college baseball's biggest event, Omaha is filled with many distinct things to do. Step into history and out of your comfort zone with culture that captures both. Walk above water and below ground to explore nature in a whole new way. Shop unique boutiques and dine in distinctive places you won't find anywhere else.
The area also offers:
- Public art displays that spread throughout the city to contemporary art centers, award-winning museums, local galleries and hands-on interactive art houses, Omaha's creative spirit is contagious.
- A city filled with history, culture and adventure. Walk across a swinging rope bridge suspended over a tropical rainforest at Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium. Hop aboard historic train cars at The Durham Museum. Climb in, on, and through everything imaginable at the Omaha Children's Museum. Step into the pioneer life at the Mormon Trail Center.
- Explore more than 100 acres of botanical beauty at Lauritzen Gardens and marvel at exquisite works of art inside the Joslyn Art Museum.
- Boys Town is a national treasure featuring an expansive campus, historic chapel and museum.
- El Museo Latino is the first Latino art and history museum in the Midwest and Love's Jazz and Art Center captures the heritage of jazz in an area where Duke Ellington, Count Basie and others once played
Try to convince us that there is a better place to live and work other than Skylark Meats, LLC in Omaha, Nebraska!