Job Location: NJ Site - Northvale, NJ
Education Level: High School
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Job Category: Manufacturing
The 2nd Shift Production Supervisor, (3:00pm - 11:30pm), is responsible for overseeing the staff, equipment and processes on the production floor. Manage the production team and oversee scheduling work in your department. Ensure the production lines are operational and manufacturing quality products to standard. Train and develop staff to ensure depth and breadth of skill sets on the team. Monitor processes and procedures for areas of continuous improvement and an optimally efficient running department. Implement and enforce policies and procedures. Lead continuous improvement projects as required. Lead by example in all duties and responsibilities.
Directly supervises the Section Foreman; indirectly supervises all union employees in the department. Indirectly responsible for customer satisfaction.
- Oversee the manufacturing processes and procedures in assigned department
- Organize workflow by assigning responsibilities
- Monitor and evaluate production processes and work flows to achieve optimal efficiency
- Create and oversee employee training to increase productivity and ensure safe operations
- Inspect products manufactured for quality and accuracy prior to Shipping
- Set daily production goals and communicate them to employees
- Write performance evaluations; coach and mentor employees in your department
- Responsible for following OSHA requirements and guidelines.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities that improve productivity and profit margins
- Efficient problem solving by considering the multiple sides of an issue and weighing consequences before making the final decision.
- Demonstrate openness to new ideas and processes, and adjust your approach to achieve results.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Maintain and develop staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Collaborate with other Production Supervisors and the Production Planner to ensure customer satisfaction and on-time delivery.
- Complete special projects as assigned on-time.
- Perform additional, related duties as needed.
- Aligned with DYNA Mission, Vision and Cultural beliefs
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, able to build strong relationships cross-functionally
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, project management, and organizational skills
- Ability to read, comprehend, follow, and write instructions
- Ability to lead others, translating skills to other employees through training and mentoring
- Ability to analyze complex issues, conduct root-cause investigations, and prepare reports on findings
- Demonstrate good judgment; able to remain calm under pressure and work to deadlines in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Unquestionable, high level of integrity and ethics, able to handle sensitive and proprietary information with discretion and confidentiality
- Quality-first, continuous-improvement, and proactive mindset
- Excellent leadership skills; understanding of performance management and conflict resolution principles, able to lead others and translate skills through training and mentoring.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Strong verbal and written communications; able to draft policy and procedures relative to management responsibilities; ability to present information in a succinct and clear fashion.
- Proficient in Syteline enterprise resource planning (ERP) software.
- In-depth knowledge of medical devices and supplies.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Minimum of 5 years of production supervisory experience, preferably in a medical device manufacturing environment
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Syteline ERP system knowledge a plus, but not required
- Technical aptitude and machine operating experience desirable