Hours: 6 pm to 6:30 am
Shift: Sun night to Friday morning
Health, Dental, Vision,
401K Matching, PTO,
This position facilitates all safety and production documentation at the site and assists with production and warehouse duties as needed.
- Operates and monitors expellers that extract oil from jojoba seeds. Ensures smooth operation of equipment throughout the shift and troubleshoots issues as they arise. Notifies supervisor of any deviations from standard operating procedures. Tracks inputs and outputs on established production documentation and enters data in a timely fashion in the operator interface of the Epicor system.
- Operates equipment necessary to filter and process jojoba oil, including chiller, heat
- exchanger, venturi additives process, boiler and filter presses. Obtains samples of oil in
- process product for visual and odor checks and obtains/submits in-process and final samples to Quality Assurance for approval.
- Operates equipment necessary to fill/package the oil, including monitoring filter pressure and fill weights. Takes samples during the filling process and from final drums for quality checks.
- Performs minor repairs and maintains mill equipment as needed to ensure maximum oil yield.
- Unloads trucks containing crude oil, seed or other items. Completes receiving reports and log sheets noting the weight of shipments, number of bags and other data for supervision regarding count of containers, volume of oil created, amount of product received, etc.
- Photocopies documents from drivers as necessary.
- Adheres to all safety standards and maintains a clean work environment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-year experience in a manufacturing
- environment running production equipment.
- Arithmetic and measurement skills necessary.
- Forklift operator certification.
- Knowledge of Pump and Motors.
- Lifts up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work in hot environment.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred