These are very exciting times at the ARCH Blandon PA facility! We continue to have high demand for hiring more employees as our business grows. Come join the team!
Produces very complex machined parts by setting up and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; and maintaining equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Read blueprint or job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut, and determines sequence of operations.
- Selects, positions, and secures tool in toolholder (chuck, collet, or toolpost). Change tools, adjust heights and tool comps to maintain required quality output of machine.
- Inspect products during the machining operation to determine if parts meet specifications, complying with established standards and methods for inspection, testing, evaluation and calibration.
- Moves controls to position tool and workpiece in relation to each other, and to set specified feeds, speeds, and depth of cut.
- Sets up fixture or feeding device, starts machine, and turns handwheel to feed tool to workpiece or vice versa, and engages feed.
- Observes operation of machine and verifies conformance of machined workpiece to specifications.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; reports need for machine repairs.
- Sets up and operates machines and equipment other than machine tools such as welding machines and flame-cutting equipment.
- Understand and comply with company policy safety guidelines, quality systems requirements and housekeeping standards.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to read and understand blueprints including GD&T tolerancing with profile tolerancing preferred.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5-10 years experience setting up CNC machine tools including 4 and 5 axis capability
- Experience editing CNC machine programs and writing basic programs
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing a plus but not required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Benefits for all Full Time employees start right away:
-401K Match (eligible after 90 days of employment)
-Short Term Disability
-Paid Vacation Time
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.